Windows 10

Soldato
Tried last night but just was not working, Managed to get the hidden $Windows ~BT folder though. Tried again this morning before work and still didn't work but hopefully I should be able to complete this tonight...

what issues where you having?

should be a matter of extracting the esd tool and copying over the install.esd file to the extracted folder and then run the decrypt.exe as a admin and use option 1

Associate
I take it that if I want to download the iso and create a install usb, since my z97 motherboard has uefi bios I cannot use the windows USB creation tool thing I'll have to use Rufus instead?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Rather than waiting for windows to update (at 15% at the moment), can I just use the usb I just created to do a clean format and install windows 10 pro? Or is it still neccary to take the steps which are shown in that youtube clip?

I plan on doing a clean install anyway, so it will save time.

Soldato
I just upgraded from 8.1 using the ESD method, created the ISO from the hidden directory, mounted the ISO, run the setup and 20minutes later Im sat here looking at a nice shiny activated Windows 10.

Soldato
I'm trying ESD method but I get:-

ERROR: Decryption failed. None of the known/specified RSA key works.

esd_zpscj3k036m.jpg

Associate
Gave up waiting for the windows update version, my $Windows:~BT folder isn't budging in size. Just running the upgrade setup at the moment but it's slowwww.

Soldato
Might have a couple of additional tweaks but I thought we couldn't go from the preview to the full version as it won't activate. Thought the deal was we had to revert back to 7/8.1 in order to upgrade.

I read somewhere just yesterday that Insiders will be first to get the release build, and then pre-orders will follow. But i've had no update overnight or this morning with the 10240 build. I have just downloaded Win 10 Pro ISO and now downloading Win 10 Home ISO. Im dual booting 7 and 10 (Insider). Just want to give it a few weeks to see how 10 runs before i update my copy of 7 tho i have an 8.1 Pro key which i may install so that i get 10 Pro as 7 is only Home Edition :)

Btw the ISO files are downloading superfast for me, Im on Virgin 152mb speeds :)

Soldato
Might have a couple of additional tweaks but I thought we couldn't go from the preview to the full version as it won't activate. Thought the deal was we had to revert back to 7/8.1 in order to upgrade.

Oh good, I feel a reinstall coming on if that is the case now! When I first got Preview, I read that you would get the final upgrade and not have to revert or reinstall.

Soldato
Just wiped my SSD and done a fresh install.

Did not have to enter my key and it still activated!

I tried twice at both points when asking but said my key was not valid so thought I would skip them both then enter it once installed but W10 was already activated so didn't bother.

I even removed the partition and created everything from new when I did my clean install

Soldato
I'm trying ESD method but I get:-

ERROR: Decryption failed. None of the known/specified RSA key works.

esd_zpscj3k036m.jpg

did you extract the decrypt.exe from within the zip file or did you extract and then run it?

if its ran from within the zip file extract the contents to the desktop and try again

Back
Top Bottom