Windows 10

Caporegime
So is there a way to do a fresh reformat and keep the W10 license? I'm not too keen on just updating from 8.1 to 10.

I'm going to be getting a larger SSD soon as well and want a fresh W10 install.

Associate
Guys does anyone know how the OS decides on what the user account folder is named as? The only reason I ask is when I go into the Users folder on the C: drive my folder is not named how it used to be. On W8 it was called jaseuk now its just jaseu. Any ideas as its bugging me?

Anyone able to answer this please? Can you check your folders and let me know if its how its meant to be. ta ;)

Soldato
Mine has just prompted me to upgrade on my laptop. It's downloading Win 10 but not much has happened in a while now it's stuck at 0%. Will just leave it as I imagine the servers are melting...

It seems to be downloading everything even though I had a large pre-load folder ?

Soldato
Quick question for anybody that has done the upgrade and then fully reset it, what is the installation size of Windows 10 roughly?

Soldato
All three of our laptops have done the Win 10 download. However my main PC wont do it because it still says I can not have Win 10 because I have a 980TI!!!!
My sons laptop this morning did a small windows update and as soon as I rebooted it the download started so I dont think my PC is not due for the download it just wont.
I've either missed an update or something. Looks like I am going to have to google it. I might just do the ESD thing using the laptops download or download the ISO and do it that way.

Back
Top Bottom