Windows 10

Soldato
Is that going to do much considering I've removed temp file Windows.~BT etc and Windows.old plus I never kept anything during install other than Steam Libraries on other drives. Probably still do it though, just through minor OCD but anyone reading might wonder if there is a valid reason other than the OCUK forum is more like OCDUK

I always prefer to do a clean install so I am using the W10 drivers and nothing left behind from W7 but that's just me. if your happy with it then keep it as it is :)

Soldato
Now have 9 failed "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" updates showing in Windows Update - anything I can do/should do to solve this or is it normal?

Soldato
For people asking if you can do fresh installs after an upgrade rad the below if you don't want to go through the thread... Taken from the Microsoft site

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?
Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Soldato
The people talking about reverting back etc. I noticed this on the Microsoft FAQ site:

1RfeXoB.png

What on earth is that talking about? Is that just the built in feature or something?

Looks like it will save a system image basically, but only for a month.
w10revert.PNG

Soldato
For people asking if you can do fresh installs after an upgrade rad the below if you don't want to go through the thread... Taken from the Microsoft site

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?
Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Good. That clears up my question from earlier! Looks like I will upgrade to Win10 on both machines, change hardware and away I go! :)

Soldato
how do i get the Windows 10 upgrade guys? I had the Windows 10 upgrade notification in my task bar months back, signed up for it and put in all my details. But today when I click on it, it just says you will be notified once you can upgrade. Are you guys forcing the upgrade through some how ?

Soldato
Upgraded using the forced method...many moments where it just paused for ages...but upgraded fine in the end!

Much better 4k experience :) compared to windows 7!

Soldato
Found the upgrade really easy. Downloaded the windows 10 media creator, created a windows 10 USB , ran setup from this. This upgraded my 8.1 pro to 10.
Then booted from the USB and did a clean install of 10, skipped the product key entry. Installed and it automatically activated itself.
Really quick and easy

Back
Top Bottom