Windows 10

Associate
I'm surprised by the number of reservation queries too.
Best bet is to download the Media Creation Tool linked earlier on in the thread (Page 200) and get the ISO.
I didn't bother with reserving, just waited for the ISO link and can then upgrade PC and laptops at my convenience.

Associate
Friend of mine upgraded early in the beta or whatever it was and had quite a few issues with Steam and some games. Anyone who has udpated experiencing anything like that?

I'm just worried about CS:GO working :D

Soldato
Two pen drives loaded and ready to go, one with pro and one with home on. Looking forward to getting home so i can upgrade both my PC and laptop :D

Now i just need the windows 10 ADK, RSAT, SCCM 2016 and Server 2016. Then that'll be me sorted for something to do at work for the next 11 months! :p

Soldato
Found the upgrade really easy. Downloaded the windows 10 media creator, created a windows 10 USB , ran setup from this. This upgraded my 8.1 pro to 10.
Then booted from the USB and did a clean install of 10, skipped the product key entry. Installed and it automatically activated itself.
Really quick and easy

did this and had no issues at all, was easy to do

Soldato
I want to upgrade both machines but my sony vaio won't have upgraded drivers for some time i imagine, What is driver compatibility like from other vendors from 8.1>10 ? Wondering if the 8.1 drivers may work for time being atleast to get a partial function

Soldato
Question: Once you've upgraded how do you get your product key that's applicable to windows 10 so that you can do a clean install? Presumably this is documented or mentioned somewhere but ive not seen anyone mention it yet.

I want to upgrade both machines but my sony vaio won't have upgraded drivers for some time i imagine, What is driver compatibility like from other vendors from 8.1>10 ? Wondering if the 8.1 drivers may work for time being atleast to get a partial function

You'll probably be surprised how many drivers are already included for it in windows 10, the laptop i was using with the insider previews had every driver readily available in win10 without exception.

Soldato
I'm surprised by the number of reservation queries too.
Best bet is to download the Media Creation Tool linked earlier on in the thread (Page 200) and get the ISO.
I didn't bother with reserving, just waited for the ISO link and can then upgrade PC and laptops at my convenience.

Given up with trying to get the W10 reservation icon and going to use the above.

Soldato
Question: Once you've upgraded how do you get your product key that's applicable to windows 10 so that you can do a clean install? Presumably this is documented or mentioned somewhere but ive not seen anyone mention it yet.

You'll probably be surprised how many drivers are already included for it in windows 10, the laptop i was using with the insider previews had every driver readily available in win10 without exception.

Iv heard the basics seem pretty much there, webcam drivers, bluetooth drivers, touchpad drivers and graphics and sound. But specific drivers like keyboard LED settings etc i doubt would be there unfortunatley and these are some useful features of this laptop with the led's adjusting to the ambient lighting around i would miss these.

Back
Top Bottom