Windows 10

Soldato
It uses a unique hardware identifier hash, no key is required is what I am reading.

So once you've upgraded you should be able to do a clean install on the same hardware and have it auto activate (at least until you replace the motherboard)?

Seems like an annoying yet smart choice by microsoft and would explain the 1 year free upgrade option. As it means when people replace their PCs or upgrade hardware in over a years time they'll be required to purchase it in order to activate.

Soldato
I finally got it to update using the cmd command line and after restarting a few times it gets to 'Installing features and drivers' and keeps on throwing up the Razer Synapse installer. Is that normal?

Soldato
The reason it may seem a shambles is because, 1. We want the answers to questions most normal users don't ask/care about and 2. With the Windows Update I think it's in stages and we all want it now regardless of that!

Associate
Well i attempted to install via ISO but it comes up asking me product key. I guess at this stage i just press skip as the windows 8 key wont work?

I will try again tonight after work and press skip this step lol

Soldato
Has everyone else also been upgraded to Build 10240?

Mine says:
Test Mode
Windows 10 Pro
Build 10240

Google suggests this is not the final build??

I used the forced windows 10 upgrade method as a few pages back. What gives?

Soldato
After upgrading does it make any difference when doing a clean install to use the reset windows feature or booting from a USB iso and installing that way?

Associate
hello,
just downloaded it onto my tablet, its a lenovo thinkpad, thye screen seems to be locked in portrate mode, just cant seem to move it into landscape by moving the the tablet
can someone please tell me how thank you

Back
Top Bottom