Windows 10

Soldato
hello,
just downloaded it onto my tablet, its a lenovo thinkpad, thye screen seems to be locked in portrate mode, just cant seem to move it into landscape by moving the the tablet
can someone please tell me how thank you

I can't remember if there is another way but if you head to screen resolution either from the right clicking on the desktop or searching. Then there should be an orientation drop down there. Let me know if that works.

Associate
I had mine reserved last night, started computer up and nothing, not reserved anymore and when checking for updates finds no updates, what gives! have tried wuauclt.exe /updatenow but nothing.

Soldato
The update leaves a hell of a mess on your drive. Nearly 20GB was used in my update so it's worth doing a drive clean up when finished. You would have thought it would automatically do this....

Don
As I explained earlier after booting into Windows 10 after installing updates which then required a reboot after the reboot I just black screened after passing the BIOS splash screen I then have gone onto reinstalling Windows 7 which I have then had the exact same problem, after disconnecting the GPU and rebooting I can now boot into Windows therefore it seems after instillation of drivers the issue is caused.

I don't mean to be somewhat off topic but could any of you tech guru's provide me some guidance as im stuck!

Have you got an on-board GPU you can use for the install?

Permabanned
what's the diff between win 10 pro and win 10 pro N ?

:(

What's an N edition of Windows?
N editions of Windows don't include media-related technologies like Windows Media Player or Camera. To play or create audio CDs, digital media files and video DVDs; organise content in a media library; create playlists; convert audio CDs to digital media files; view artist and title information of digital media files; view album art of music files; transfer music to personal music players; or record and play back TV broadcasts after Windows is installed, you'll need to install a media player and other software from Microsoft or another company.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys - it's a 208 page thread, so forgive if this is already covered.
I've got two machines here, one running Windows 8.1 and one running 8.1 Professional.
I registered via the "flag icon" ages ago - bothmachines with legitimate copies of Windows, both compatible etc.

I see links that enable me to download the ISO's directly - nice and easy and would allow for a clean install.
I've not looked yet, but where will I find the product keys for Windows 10? Is it using the same key as Windows 8.1?

Cheers.

Associate
The update leaves a hell of a mess on your drive. Nearly 20GB was used in my update so it's worth doing a drive clean up when finished. You would have thought it would automatically do this....

I'm concerned about this. My OS is on a 128gb SSD with 20gb free space. Wonder if that will be ok for the Win 10 upgrade? If I finish off the install with 1-2gb free space I'll be a bit gutted. Will have to remove a lot of stuff to try and get that space back.

Associate
Well i attempted to install via ISO but it comes up asking me product key. I guess at this stage i just press skip as the windows 8 key wont work?

I will try again tonight after work and press skip this step lol

Was this when it restarted? If so it most likely tried to boot of the USB or Disk? I had this problem when i did a USB intstall of it. I pulled the USB out while it restarted and then put it back in.

Back
Top Bottom