Windows 10

Associate
Both my PC and my SP3 have the "windows 10 pro update failed" status. Theres no option to try again so Im lost here. Bloody sick of this man :(

Run ISO on current Win7/8.1 install.
Allow it to upgrade.
Make sure it shows as activated.
Reset if you want a fresh start.

Have done the same across three systems.

Soldato
Or you can try booting up pressing F5 to get the Windows menu. Then chose start windows normally. If it still does the same then go back into the menu Press F10 and that will show you what commandline its running on bootup. Just delete the switches/options that associate to safe mode and then it should boot into windows normally.

Soldato
Mine is updating on the Surface not, about to start PC.

What option do I go for if I want to keep my existing software etc, and just have the OS update?

I do not want to accidentally clean everything off my HD.

Soldato
Yes, thats what everybody has been saying, but if you upgrade your hardware you need a new key (ie have to buy windows 10)
Surely (if you have a full retail key) it will just require a call to Microsoft Activation saying my motherboard failed and had to be replaced. Just like you have always had to.

If you have an OEM key then it is locked to the hardware like it always has been.

Soldato
How have folks been getting their preview installs to upgrade to the release build? I'm still on 10240 and there are no updates, even using wuauclt.exe /updatenow.

Associate
Trying to download the iso and its taken 5 hours to get to 22% on a 70mbps connection!

Other option is to do the install.ESD decryption method (quick Google should find it) assuming you have the preload files.
Just makes your own ISO which you can throw onto all your systems.

Will be no different to the one you download

Associate
**** this ****, it doesn't activate and I've come from a fresh install of windows 8.1.

HELP... Windows 10 wont activate i am getting the error 0xC004F034

People are reporting that this a load issue on the servers and after trying for a while it does activate. If you have this problem and it does activate after please let me know so we can confirm this.

Is that the error?

Soldato
So my Suface Pro is updating no problem in the normal way.

However my PC doesn't seem to download, im just getting the message, "Well let you know when its ready" message.

ANy reason for that?

Back
Top Bottom