Windows 10

Associate
Did an upgrade from 8.1 last night no problems at all, fully activated.

Just finished doing a fresh install from the ISB created by the MS tool and now getting : 0xC004C003 error telling me my key os blocked :(

Soldato
That does sound weird. I just hit the activate button every few minutes until it finally went through.

Ah there we go, yours is the proper upgrade method, mine has acted like this was bought as retail and I had skipped the key.

Windows 8.1 reinstalled now, doing updates so hopefully will make some movement tonight with it

Soldato

Just finished doing a fresh install from the ISB created by the MS tool and now getting : 0xC004C003 error telling me my key os blocked :(

Yep, was getting that here too.

Did you enter a key when you installed the fresh one? Your meant to leave it blank and just skip it.

It was left blank.

Associate
Did you enter a key when you installed the fresh one? Your meant to leave it blank and just skip it.

Yea just skipped it when it asked me for a key.

Possibly just the servers falling over? I don't want to install everything again now to only have to reinstall again if it wont activate.

EDIT, if I run the command to get the product key and enter that in the change product key bit I get a new error:

0xc004f050

Last edited:
Associate

Had this too. Did upgrade and all good, clean install and had that error code. Restarted system and it resolved itself. Said I had to be online to activate which I was, just assume it was MS servers being inundated

Associate
cant believe I am saying it but I think chrome just got relegated ms edge is amazing nice 1 ms, to elaborate don't know why but my web pages now look sharper and text is so much sharper the ui on edge is so clean and uncluttered so impressed

Last edited:
Associate
So far I've successfully upgraded my Surface Pro 3 and work laptop to Win10 Pro.

Also just finished a fresh install using a newly downloaded ISO and retail key with no problems. My Sound Blaster Z is also working using Creative drivers installed during setup.

Only thing I can't get installed is the Intel RST drivers from the Asus site, and I can't find the AHCI version on the Intel site.

Back
Top Bottom