Windows 10

Very happy so far. Had a bit of a worry when I couldn't activate and despite only doing an upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium and a bit of a spring clean my W10 Windows folder is a very respectable 14.8GB. Might not even bother doing a fresh install as it feels very quick. Very pleased.

My boot has gone all weird so I'm having to do a clean install. It activated ok but then I did system refesh and now wont let me go into windows. Redownloading Using the manager thing atm but its been an hour and only on 10%

I don't have any blank cds. Can I run the iso from a usb in the bios... My windows install has messed up so cant even go into it.

Did an upgrade from 8.1 last night no problems at all, fully activated.

Just finished doing a fresh install from the ISB created by the MS tool and now getting : 0xC004C003 error telling me my key os blocked :(

Could try restarting the machine a lot - definitely seems to be a server issue as I've needed to reinstall a couple of times (personal derps :o) and sometimes I get your error and sometimes (this time finally) the key just worked.

Oh poop. Installed IE just to see if it would for thread underneath this, now see no way of uninstalling it. Please tell me I don't need to do a reset.

My boot has gone all weird so I'm having to do a clean install. It activated ok but then I did system refesh and now wont let me go into windows. Redownloading Using the manager thing atm but its been an hour and only on 10%

I don't have any blank cds. Can I run the iso from a usb in the bios... My windows install has messed up so cant even go into it.

Do you have another computer? If so you can extract the iso onto a usb and boot it yes. The USB needs to be formatted as FAT32 though.

Aside from having to install some usb 3.0 drivers and nvidia drivers, everything seems ok here from an in OS upgrade. So far so good.

Don't suppose there's any way of changing text/font sizes etc without using dpi is there?

So I have now done a fresh install using the USB and skipping the product key. There is now no option to activate at all - Error code: 0xC004C003.

This is after it activated what do I do? :(

Downloaded, upgraded and activated on my laptop. Desktop will not do anything other than saying that the upgrade is reserved. I've done the clearing out update folder and cmd trick. Still nothing

mine activated just now after numerous tries and just when I had decided to go back to windows 7. I may stay with it for a while now.

I used the iso method btw since I did not get anything through windows update. The key was also showing as the generic 3V66T.
Windows updates don't seem to be working properly though.

Last edited:
Sacking off the upgrade and staying with 8.1 for now.

OK, how do you delete the C:\$Windows.~BT folder once you've uninstalled the KB?

Taken ownership, changed permissions, tried everything from an elevated prompt or Explorer... stops me every time saying I need administrative privileges. Yes, I have them. :)

Downloaded, upgraded and activated on my laptop. Desktop will not do anything other than saying that the upgrade is reserved. I've done the clearing out update folder and cmd trick. Still nothing

You could just download the iso mount it in windows 8 and run it... Its the same as waiting except you get it now :P

Anyone used this link?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Ive just clicked on it downloaded the "download tool"

I'm just going to upgrade my win 7 to win 10 once that is done and happy I will download the .iso mountable and carry out a fresh install.

I'm doing it via http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Choosing upgrade this PC(Win8.1 Pro x64 to Win10 Pro x64 ) option,at 30% download so far.

Trying to use the media creator tool, it downloads win 10 fine but when creating the USB it gets to 50% then fails with "something happened" error.

So frustrating trying to get this to work!

Back
Top Bottom