Windows 10

Soldato
Wow so many people have issues with Windows 10 update.

Ran Windows Update troubleshooter fixed issues and 1 other error code fixed then tried again and still getting windows update error code 80240020. :(

Will try again one more time delete everything in SoftwareDistribution\Download and $Windows.~BT folder.

If everything fail again then I will give up and wait for my 2 new 4TB hard drives delivery Thursday to backup all 4 PCs then try run the iso to install Windows 10 within Windows 8.1 hopefully will go smoothly. :p

Soldato
Updated mine last night as smooth as butter. Then did a full reset as I like having a fresh install and so far its very very smooth and snappy. I haven't come across any issues at all.
The only thing I want to change is the Automatic Updates..mainly GPU drivers as I like to download those myself.

Soldato
I have the "cant install as you have a 980ti" message. So I downloaded the ISO via the Tool. Uninstalled nvidia drivers to be sure. Upon reboot the Windows 10 app has now disappeared. So I tried to install from the ISO. Gets upto the install button, seconds later a window pops up saying "Windows 10 Install Failed [OK]" then nothing. Event Viewer says nothing. Bit of a farce.

Associate
Sacking off the upgrade and staying with 8.1 for now.

OK, how do you delete the C:\$Windows.~BT folder once you've uninstalled the KB?

Taken ownership, changed permissions, tried everything from an elevated prompt or Explorer... stops me every time saying I need administrative privileges. Yes, I have them. :)

C:/ Properties - Disk Clean Up - Clean Up System Files - Windows Temp Downloads (Can't remember proper name) - tick box - Ok - Delete Files - Yes - Reboot - Gone

Soldato
i still haven't got a notification to download it anyone know why? i have reserved my copy but still cant download it, im on windows 7

Download the relevant tool from the link and create your own iso (Do not copy straight to usb), extract iso to usb stick with Rufus and run setup from within your existing windows. I did this and have got it activated.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Here's a guide how to do it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953843/windows/how-to-install-windows-10-on-your-pc.html

Soldato
What the hell, Microsoft's own software can't use/see USB sticks that conform to the Windows 8 certifications, because it doesn't see them as removeable....

*golf clap*

37wfhEN.png

NOTE: SanDisk is beginning production of flash drives configured as fixed disk in 2012 to meet new requirements for Windows 8 Certification.

Historically, flash drives have been configured as removable disks and Windows Explorer displays them as 'Removable Media'. Windows 8 Certification requires flash drive manufacturers to configure flash drives as fixed disks. Flash drives configured as fixed disk will show up in Windows Explorer as 'Hard Disk Drives'. Flash drives configured as fixed disks still function the same as those configured as removable disks.

You can still connect and disconnect the flash drives from the USB port without having to power off the computer. You can also still use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' feature when disconnecting.

Soldato
My m18x r1 has just updated to windows 10.

Desktop nothing as yet. Says I may have a problem with my nvidia Mira cast audio devixe.?!? Not sure if that stops the download?

Soldato
Well having got past the "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error.

I get this:-

0xC1900101_0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Seriously M$, ready for the public???

I think not!

Back
Top Bottom