Windows 10

Soldato
@Varkanoid, the only big space saver in disk cleanup for me, is the "previous installation" of 27GB, kinda worried to remove it.. Would it be safe to do so? I know it may seem an odd question.

If you want to rollback to your old O/S within 30 days you will have screwed yourself, and will have to reinstall it if you remove it. Nothing 'dangerous' about removing it though.

Soldato
@Varkanoid, the only big space saver in disk cleanup for me, is the "previous installation" of 27GB, kinda worried to remove it.. Would it be safe to do so? I know it may seem an odd question.

It's safe. I just did it and then it made me realise how tiny the Windows 10 install is!

Windows 7 was using about 28GB of space, but 10 is 13GB for me at the moment! I've never seen so much free space on my 64GB SSD before :D (46GB vs 28GB).

Changed the colour scheme to the darkest grey I can find, and I must say it makes the entire OS look more professional. Loving the OS so far.

Soldato
Everything went smoothly for me - decided to do an upgrade and then a full refresh, just re-installing development tools and battle.net and then will probably re-install Office tomorrow.

Soldato

Its your old Windows folder. Probably c:\windows.old. If you remove it you cant revert back to your previous Windows.
So if you want to remove it make sure Windows 10 is a keeper first.
I can't install Windows 10 at the moment think I will stick with 8.1

Back
Top Bottom