Windows 10

Associate
Tricked my Windows update into downloading Windows 10, no problems, installed no apparent problems, tried opening apps on the desktop just got the busy ring icon. Google suggested a corrupt install ...

Two hours to re-image my hard drive, tried again with a 10240 DVD, this time it worked. And after faffing around with graphics drivers and updates I think things are probably working.

Took about six hours in total for a "working" install which is a bit too long ...

Associate
'Something went wrong' infuriates me!! :mad:

Wish there was a setting to change from 'noob' to 'advanced' mode. :p

Been fortunate enough not to add that error to my collection, though the night is still young. Have restored back to Win8.1 and reupgraded again to Win 10 on same lap. Now back to the F034 (servers busy) error which at least is better than the blocked key error after a totally clean install...

Soldato
What is truly bizarre is that windows thinks my current product key is a different one to what is actually on my win 8.1 box. :confused:

I've tried entering a new key, but it's not having any of it. :o

Don't try to enter your win8.1 key since it won't work. The key it shows is a generic key which everyone who upgrades has. The new activation method uses your pc hardware as a reference.

Just keep trying to activate but servers are busy and it may take a while. It will work eventually, mine did after many tries.

Soldato
Don't try to enter your win8.1 key since it won't work. The key it shows is a generic key which everyone who upgrades has. The new activation method uses your pc hardware as a reference.

Just keep trying to activate but servers are busy and it may take a while. It will work eventually, mine did after many tries.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll try again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom