Windows 10

Which hardware you running?

Are you doing the upgrade from an ISO which mounted?

Have been running through the Microsoft tool. Just restoring the windows 7 installation back to its factory fresh restore point then will try again using the iso method I think.

Hardware wise it's a few years old, an i3 Samsung Q330 so not exactly new!

Last edited:
That's what makes me think the error code meanings are misleading and causing unnecessary grief. Not a good way to rally confidence, despite the upgrade going smoothly.

Done a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop then upgraded from that with no issues speeded it up loads!
My PC tho has had to be rolled back to 8.1 as the start menu refused to open and if I right clicked anything it locked up that window so going to back up what I need and then give it a clean install and hope it's all ok, Has been a while since 8.1 was wiped clean infact I think that was when I first upgraded to 8 so can understand a few issues :p

Have been running through the Microsoft tool. Just restoring the windows 7 installation back to its factory fresh restore point then will try again using the iso method I think.

Hardware wise it's a few years old, an i3 Samsung Q330 so not exactly new!

Your hardware is fine then :)

Yeah, using the ISO I made caused some issues on a clean.upgrade, stumped as to why.
Downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft Website, and everything is spot on.

Just installed. Looks cool :) Surprised by how speedy Edge is actually. Installed Firefox anyway though :p

One question - do I need to install MSE for the anti-virus? Or does 10 have something built in?

Just installed. Looks cool :) Surprised by how speedy Edge is actually. Installed Firefox anyway though :p

One question - do I need to install MSE for the anti-virus? Or does 10 have something built in?

No, windows 10 already has it built in. But it can't spot an elephant in a living room you see :p

No, windows 10 already has it built in. But it can't spot an elephant in a living room you see :p

The solution is windows defender and Malwarebytes.

And elephant couldn't knock over a pc with this on.

Create a schedule task to force update daily for defender in admin tools.

easy.

Got my S3 back on 8.1, went to do the upgrade the "proper" way.
Get stuck on 15% and copying files 52%.

Flipping heck MS, these are brand new clean installs. Useless!

Might just leave it till the morning and just download the media creator tool again, that at least worked before (Bar it having no Windows 10 key)

Yes, same here. Upgraded from Win 8.1 and activated fine.
Did a clean install, left the key blank and now unable to activate. This time, the activate button disappears after the first activation failure. Perhaps a feature of their new activation process maybe?

Did a restore back to a Win 8.1 system image and just doing an upgrade of Win 10 over it now. Other articles seem to suggest that its all related to busy servers but seems odd that there's no longer an activate button anymore and The 0xC error codes seem a bit misleading...

What is truly bizarre is that windows thinks my current product key is a different one to what is actually on my win 8.1 box. :confused:

I've tried entering a new key, but it's not having any of it. :o

Back
Top Bottom