Windows 10

Associate
someone please tell me if this is correct about windows 10

Basically upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 it activated fine all good! but afterwards I wanted to do a fresh install with the iso I downloaded off media creation tool I did.
Installed but windows wont activate I contacted Microsoft support spoke to a tech and what she basically said was It will only activate on a upgrade from windows 8.1 I cant fresh install unless I buy a windows 10 license but I have read that once you activate on the upgrade that when you fresh install windows 10 will already be activated.
So I'm confused to say the least so that means in the future if I want to reinstall windows 10 I have to install windows 8.1 again and upgrade surely that cant be right.
If this is possibly related to my OEM and the bios and whether selecting UEFI or bios on the usb install makes a difference also I would like some advise thanks.

Associate
Everything is running perfectly though the only thing I can't seem to get to run is utorrent or bittorrent? I'm assuming it's just a compatibility issue, is anyone else having trouble with them?

Soldato
Do not use WIFI on Windows 10 (because it sent out your wifi password) to all sharing on hotmail, live, fb and ms account. Very bad!

Windows 10 security alert as new 'feature' automatically shares your wifi passwords with ALL Outlook, Skype and Facebook contacts who also have the software

Associate
I've changed it to google:confused:

23vjhax.png

May have not unticked something when setting up.

Associate
Do not use WIFI on Windows 10 (because it sent out your wifi password) to all sharing on hotmail, live, fb and ms account. Very bad!

Windows 10 security alert as new 'feature' automatically shares your wifi passwords with ALL Outlook, Skype and Facebook contacts who also have the software

They can all be turned off in wifi settings.

Associate
If its anything like my experience yes if i want to re install my 8.1 and no doubt 10 at some point one day, I have to go back to the original disk instal windows 7, then overwrite to 8, then overwrite again to 8.1 and then again no doubt to 10. Despite trying the methods that have been posted on here with the links to iso files ect the keys only work for a short time before microsoft refuse them and say they are not genuine despite having receipts from microsoft and payment records on by bank balance. However they do work long term without issue via the mentioned upgrade path. So to reinstall windows 10 would need to install all the OS along the way from 7. A pain in the ... but what im concerned about is some mention that you cant roll back to an earlier OS once you have taken W10. That means if true the W7,8, 8.1 keys will be invalid so maybe that might make re installing W10 impossible and leave you with no OS at all usable?

Permabanned
Hmmm... that's unfortunate... I'm glad I read it as I had been planning something similar.

I only like clean installs... upgrades have too much clutter left over... so having also found that information in multiple places, I'd though I would do the same... upgrade and then fresh-install.

Please let us know how you get on...

Associate
I've had this exact issue today. In the end I put my image of 8.1 I'd made the other day back on, used the Media Creation Tool to upgrade my 8.1 install to Win10 again and that's the only way I can get Win10 to activate. Doing a fresh install will not activate using my Win8.1 key. Annoying as hell. There's always a catch it would seem !!

Back
Top Bottom