Windows 10

Permabanned
Permabanned
Windows 12 is everything Windows 11 should be (betanews.com)

I wish Microsoft had been brave enough not to release Windows 11 | PC Gamer

""Windows 10 is the last version of Windows," says Microsoft's Jerry Nixon just ahead of the launch of the then-new operating system. It was a bold statement and now, in the face of the faltering Windows 11 launch, I can't help but wish Microsoft had followed through on that promise instead of giving in to the powerful lure of marketing bull."

:cry: :cry:

I'm surprised someone hasn't created a thread for windows 12 yet. They usually do in the apple channels.

Man of Honour
Despite having most of the update stuff sort of disabled Windows 10 still managed to install the Health Check app earlier on my Windows 10 laptop :( and interrupted a foreground task, even if it was momentary while it installed it...

I see on other forums people are slowly waking up to the fact removed choices and forced automatic processes aren't a good thing but sadly just too little to have much impact - MS just don't care.

Soldato
Sorry, when?

It's already November and there is no sign of 21H2!
I'd imagine either the second or third Tuesday of the month. Microsoft usually like to roll out cumulative updates on the second Tuesday of the month, so perhaps 21H2 will come on the third Tuesday.

Soldato
I might be accused of being lazy but it's PC building weekend and my first Windows 10 install. Is slipstreaming the installation possible with windows 10 like the old days? I obviously have another PC to prepare the USB etc

Soldato
I might be accused of being lazy but it's PC building weekend and my first Windows 10 install. Is slipstreaming the installation possible with windows 10 like the old days? I obviously have another PC to prepare the USB etc
Do you mean slipstreaming the update? Just create the ISO from the UUP dump website and extract this to a FAT32 formatted USB stick - most modern systems will accept the NTFS format, but FAT32 is a safe bet if you want to be sure.

So if you wanted to create the most up-to-date, non-preview image, follow this link for the Professional image:
https://uupdump.net/download.php?id...-825f6edfb7ad&pack=en-gb&edition=professional

Extract it to it's own folder with no spaces in your C:\ drive. For example, use 7-Zip to extract it to C:\19043.1348_amd64_en-gb_professional_57b0b199_convert

Soldato
Do you mean slipstreaming the update? Just create the ISO from the UUP dump website and extract this to a FAT32 formatted USB stick - most modern systems will accept the NTFS format, but FAT32 is a safe bet if you want to be sure.

So if you wanted to create the most up-to-date, non-preview image, follow this link for the Professional image:
https://uupdump.net/download.php?id...-825f6edfb7ad&pack=en-gb&edition=professional

Extract it to it's own folder with no spaces in your C:\ drive. For example, use 7-Zip to extract it to C:\19043.1348_amd64_en-gb_professional_57b0b199_convert

Thanks mate, sorry took so long replying, busy day yesterday.

Man of Honour
Interesting one at work I've never seen before - they have a 3rd party who manages our Windows 10 installs - it is pretty locked down with a lot ripped out the OS - new images are deployed with new security updates only after extensive testing - last 2-3 days Windows is grumbling about being out of date and despite the settings page having most stuff removed and all the "some settings are managed by your organisation" it has placed an icon on the taskbar with a permanent menu behind other windows prompting the user to manually click the option on the menu to update in effect trying to bypass corporate settings (which doesn't work due to network blocks in place).

I think in the long run the goal is to rid us of Windows as every major IT update in the last couple of years has been moving things away from any dependency on it and an increased use of Linux.

Soldato
Interesting one at work I've never seen before - they have a 3rd party who manages our Windows 10 installs - it is pretty locked down with a lot ripped out the OS - new images are deployed with new security updates only after extensive testing - last 2-3 days Windows is grumbling about being out of date and despite the settings page having most stuff removed and all the "some settings are managed by your organisation" it has placed an icon on the taskbar with a permanent menu behind other windows prompting the user to manually click the option on the menu to update in effect trying to bypass corporate settings (which doesn't work due to network blocks in place).

I think in the long run the goal is to rid us of Windows as every major IT update in the last couple of years has been moving things away from any dependency on it and an increased use of Linux.
What version of Windows do you use? Have not seen this on my work laptop which is running enterprise.

V F

V F

Soldato
How on earth do you stop Windows installing drivers from Windows Update? Every single guide/steps, through admin tools gpedit.msc/administrative templates, nothing ever works. It will keep on downloading them. So irritating how they think they know best.

Do Steelseries have some sort of tie in with Microsoft forcing drivers to install? No matter what I do I cannot stop it.

I'm finding this in the SoftwareDistribution folder.

{25F6CAC4-C730-45DB-8A19-BD9C981C09E6} 2021-12-23 21:43:41:780-0000 1 181 [AGENT_INSTALLING_STARTED] 101 {5C0C1269-2311-486D-A32F-FA09E9D599F9} 1 0 Device Driver Retrieval Client Success Content Install Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: SteelSeries ApS - HIDClass - 2.7.3.0 VsMMl2OLZkWDrymC.3.0.0.1.0
{83CA5066-3E8A-4A30-8AB3-47C0658E56E5} 2021-12-23 21:43:43:658-0000 1 182 [AGENT_INSTALLING_FAILED] 101 {5C0C1269-2311-486D-A32F-FA09E9D599F9} 1 8024200b Device Driver Retrieval Client Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200b: SteelSeries ApS - HIDClass - 2.7.3.0. VsMMl2OLZkWDrymC.3.0.0.3.0

Back
Top Bottom