Windows 10

Associate
Wonder if the files in this hidden folder are the same for everyone (cant see it being different? Too much work). In which case it will most likely be downloadable from a torrent or something and you will just have to make that hidden folder and run it.

Associate
Well to anyone still waiting like i was for this hidden folder to appear, i did some digging around and heard that installing all optional updates helps. It did for me and the folder has appeared after making sure i had all updates and a reboot.

Soldato
After 8.1 > 10 upgrade did a fresh install on a brand new SSD, it did ask for the key twice but skipped it both times, after first boot was all activated.

So yes, you can upgrade your HDD/SSD without issue.

I'll be doing the same thing, so I just let it upgrade from 8.1 to 10 then format and install a fresh 10 and skip any key requests and it will activate?

One slightly dumb question where would I get a full Windows 10 iso?

Associate
Wonder if the files in this hidden folder are the same for everyone (cant see it being different? Too much work). In which case it will most likely be downloadable from a torrent or something and you will just have to make that hidden folder and run it.

Could someone look at the MediaMeta.xml file in the hidden folder and check if your
<taskguid>6a920c71-****-****-***c-*****415eb7f</taskguid>

is different?

Soldato
Could someone look at the MediaMeta.xml file in the hidden folder and check if your
<taskguid>6a920c71-****-****-***c-*****415eb7f</taskguid>

is different?

here is mine

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<mc>

-<media>

<chunk>client_en-us</chunk>

<taskguid>6a920c71-9****-45**-a19c-a****415eb7f</taskguid>

</media>

</mc>

Associate
Back