Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
There's a much easier solution to all this. Go look at the Express weather articles.

They're anticipating it will be cold and snowy, ergo you know it will be normal/mild and rainy/dry. :p

Man of Honour
The model output looks crazy this evening. Potentially serious cold and snow from the weekend

Noticed that beyond 3 days the models seem to be downgrading confidence in the output i.e. even more uncertainty as to what is going to happen. On the various weather forums a lot of poster have swung around to talking about an Armageddon like cold snap LOL think they are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Caporegime
OP
15x0g8j.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43122036

Man of Honour
I hope some of the outliers from this morning's runs don't happen:

02pKIeZ.png

Not something we've seen in this country in awhile.

Man of Honour
Yup things starting to firm up for much more severe cold than we've had it lately and that sudden break down is being pushed away. Snowfall remains a bit of a wildcard though as many setups show it being dry in some cases very dry while there are chances of it picking up a lot of moisture as it comes in over the sea.

Soldato
Going to be gutting to see a "hard winter" return after a few days of sun recently and double digit temps here in Southampton, I was out in shorts and sleeveless jacket earlier. :(

Man of Honour
Yeah the sun is pretty warm today though there is a background chill - shame I don't have an excuse to go out and some stuff I need to do inside :( though I might go outside in a bit to paint a 3D model I've been working on.

EDIT: Hope the GEM is wrong - latest update is bringing in increasing patches where temperatures in various parts of the country, predominationly the South East but some parts of the West and North West would drop to around -14C and some odd cases of as low as -17C.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
g0mwfxa.png

Continuing with the cold theme and pushing away the return to milder.

And a little teaser - way out of the range of any confidence - but those temperatures...

psOg6M2.png

Man of Honour
Yeah looking generally dry at the moment - still a lot of uncertainty as the exact path in though some of which could bring significant moisture with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
There will definitely be snow. The air is so cold that there will be convection when it crosses the much milder sea. Computer models won't pick this up until really late

Soldato
Cant remember when it snowed in March or potential to snow in March BBC weather saying snow for the 5th and 6th of March where I live I hope not I got to drive to work early morning on the 6th.

Still many day lefts so the potential for the forcecast to change is very possible going by what happened so far and in the past.

Soldato
Cant remember when it snowed in March or potential to snow in March BBC weather saying snow for the 5th and 6th of March where I live I hope not I got to drive to work early morning on the 6th.

Still many day lefts so the potential for the forcecast to change is very possible going by what happened so far and in the past.
2013 we had very heavy snow in March. I nearly got stuck on the M25 on my way to work In Leatherhead

Soldato

feb/march have the highest chance of snow I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom