Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would expect she based it on the style taught from Syrio Forel and then perfected it a bit with the faceless dudes. She did fight a bit with that other faceless wench.

Her fighting style is a unique mix of everything she's learnt from Syrio, The Hound and the FM plus both taking advantage of the element of surprise/being underestimated initially and not having armour so she's able to stay agile and nimble against slower opposition. She stays true to the water dancing she learnt as a kid, but took what she learnt from Sandor in terms of not using Needle like a big sword against armour where it'd be useless - it's all about stabby stabby in the unarmoured spots like the knees and neck (which she does to Brienne about 3 times before she goes full srs knight on her) - and the reactions/parrying she got from being blind and getting whooped by the waif constantly.

Also some people were moaning about Needle being able to withstand Brienne's sword but it was clearly a training sword with blunt edges and not Oathkeeper.

Yeah baby, go dragon, go!

Am I right in thinking the gold to pay off the Iron Bank was in the convoy that got torched, as well as the grain requisitioned from the farmers? If so, will be interesting to see Cersei's reaction when she finds out.

Am I the only one who notices how many people still don't know who Jon Snow really is despite actually finding out last season? I still hear people talking about rumours of Danaerys and Jon being siblings all the time....

Am I right in thinking the gold to pay off the Iron Bank was in the convoy that got torched, as well as the grain requisitioned from the farmers? If so, will be interesting to see Cersei's reaction when she finds out.

I believe they said the gold is already safe and it was the grain that was roasted

The gold made it to KL so she can pay the bank back however all the grain was torched which in previous seasons they've stated if a siege happens is worth more than gold and the rich people we're trading diamonds away for potatoes etc.

To me it seems people are looking for things to be upset by. Just don't go looking and enjoy it.

That's a bit of an unfair statement. GoT is my favourite TV series and I have like episodes this season but I feel like there has been a small drop in quality. That's not to say I hate the show now.

I understand that they are condensing the time to move the story forward more quickly. That doesn't bother me. It's the pace of the show I'm not liking. I liked those small chats and time in between battles.

Then there is the other little bits. Like varys. Before he seemed to hear whispers of the smallest unimportant details. Except he didn't know about Eurons attack.... Or of cerceis new weapon to take down a dragon.

The show needs to be more consistent in its universe. Most of it has been plausible up until last season when Arya was repeatedly stabbed ... fell into a dirty river....Then a few days later doing some serious parkour.

That said.... It's still my fav show

Seeing as dragons are all fire and light and what have you, I wonder if Melisandre's skillz can bring a dead one back to life?

Possibly but what if it's killed by a white walker?

I also read yesterday that there's an ice dragon frozen inside the wall which could see that dragon go up against khaleesi.

Then there is the other little bits. Like varys. Before he seemed to hear whispers of the smallest unimportant details. Except he didn't know about Eurons attack.... Or of cerceis new weapon to take down a dragon.

We know Qyburn has taken charge of some amount of his little bird network, especially in Kings Landing. Also you could argue military strategy is the type of information that's tightly guarded behind closed doors and wouldn't easily be overheard by street urchins. Euron's fleet is manned by men with no tongues as well (his ship is called the Silence!) so it's tough to get insider info since common folk generally aren't able to read or write either.

the grain - was that actually needed for KL then, or was it just the Casterly Rock stuck being taken there to prevent the enemy forces getting it? If Dany's group needed it, due to all the castle supplies having been emptied, having her dragon torch it all seems a bit of a tactical error?

the grain - was that actually needed for KL then, or was it just the Casterly Rock stuck being taken there to prevent the enemy forces getting it? If Dany's group needed it, due to all the castle supplies having been emptied, having her dragon torch it all seems a bit of a tactical error?

Yeah I thought the same. I thought highgarden was providing a lot of supplies for dany and her army. Im sure I remember her complaining when the news came she's lost it.

Its been mentioned a few times that highgarden used to supply food to kings landing as well. I presume that's one of the reasons why cercei went for highgarden instead. Think there will be a lot of starvation on both sides soon?

I also thought that was odd, in a time of fast approaching deadly winter, torching all the food seemed odd.

Probably one of, if not the best episodes so far. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. Bronns face when he hit Drogon, legend.

I think most people would agree episodes 1 and 2 of this season were underwhelming and had undue filler but 3 and 4 are back on track.

Thats your opinion. Ep 1 + 2 were excellent.
No, actually I meant it was YOUR opinion.

:confused: :p

Everyone I know IRL who watches thought they were a little underwhelming.

A lot of filler in the first episode and it had some of that annoying 'fan service' thing some series do with 'ooo look at this irrelevant pointless minor character we have brought back' or reference tiny little things that have come up before. I always find that stuff 'trying to be clever' when actually it isn't. Better Call Saul is the worst culprit of this.

No, actually I meant it was YOUR opinion.

:confused: :p

Everyone I know IRL who watches thought they were a little underwhelming.

A lot of filler in the first episode and it had some of that annoying 'fan service' thing some series do with 'ooo look at this irrelevant pointless minor character we have brought back' or reference tiny little things that have come up before. I always find that stuff 'trying to be clever' when actually it isn't. Better Call Saul is the worst culprit of this.

Everyone i know IRL who watches thought they were great.

And the filler that you think is just filler is actually nuance and subtletly :p Its the minor details which make it great. It looks like you notice them but don't notice their connection to the wider story. Hence why you think they are irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom