Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reckon there will be any rift between Sam an Dany at any point once he finds out she burnt his family to death?
He didnt like them that much but....... family is family....

All this teleporting is throwing me off. It feels like there's no sense of time in the show any more.

I get that they have to condesnse it because there is only so many episodes left. I would argue they should have had the same pace throughout the show so maybe the earlier seasons should have had quicker travelling times. That might have possibily made earlier seasons worse though.

What I do find funny is the Whitewalkers are STILL going at a slow place and have taken 7 seasons to get anywhere near the wall.... but everyone else is zooming across the map.

I got the impression that without the ability to reproduce without baby offerings, or breed soldiers it's taken them a very long time to assemble an army capable of overwhelming anything in the 7 kingdoms - gotta play the long game to level up your forces.

It'll be interesting to see how Dany reacts to that news. She's always claimed she wanted the throne because she was the rightful heir, not because she desired power. If they try getting Jon on the throne will she accept it, or try a take it for herself.

In... I think it's GoT (the book) she muses over how if Rhaegar had made a male heir they probably would have been betrothed as they'd have been a similar age. Little does she know who the current object of her affections really is... not that you'd expect a happy ending but it's not implausible they could be a power couple.

Also regarding her own heirs, in the books the witch says she can't have any kids until xyz prophetic stuff, not that she can never have kids ever again. If Jon Snow can survive death I'm sure reactivating a uterus isn't beyond the realms of possibility. :D

I get that they have to condesnse it because there is only so many episodes left. I would argue they should have had the same pace throughout the show so maybe the earlier seasons should have had quicker travelling times. That might have possibily made earlier seasons worse though.

What I do find funny is the Whitewalkers are STILL going at a slow place and have taken 7 seasons to get anywhere near the wall.... but everyone else is zooming across the map.
It's not like they need to rush. And the more winter has taken hold the better for them, so a nice casual jaunt down to the wall suits them just fine.

Such a tease at the end especially with the episode name, does anyone else think Cersei isn't actually pregnant and she's using it as a means to try keeping Jamie close to her?

Seems odd that she 'allowed' him to meet Tyrion especially as he's just got back from a battle he lost, Cersei of old would be punishing him for this but all seems forgiven so far.

I'm loving the rumour that the Hound will go with Jon to KL if they capture a wight. Cersei trys being smart and orders the Mountain to kill Jon but the Hound steps in and we finally get Cleganebowl.

This weeks abridged episode: https://imgur.com/a/jbg1r

They chose to have a limited number of episodes, they've not had to condense anything HBO would have been more than happy for them to drag it out for two full seasons, simple fact is that the storylines have converged and so there are now fewer arcs whereas previously we'd have a bunch of other arcs shown before picking up again with the same character say.

??? That is a bit of a misunderstanding on your part. They've not just been traveling in a single direction towards the wall the whole time, they've been collecting a rather large army of the dead I mean last season they were headed further north, they've previously been around Craster's keep for example yet last season they headed to the cave where Bran was staying. They were also at the fist of the first men, hard home etc.. they've been all over the place north of the wall.

This weeks abridged episode: https://imgur.com/a/jbg1r

The Danny bit is interesting. She's now forcing people to join her, I get that she's lost some forces but she has effectively made them slaves now, isn't she supposed to be the freer of slaves? Wouldn't she have been better off sending them back to start some form of civil war by letting the others know that she's not as bad as the Lannisters are making out?

I would argue they should have had the same pace throughout the show so maybe the earlier seasons should have had quicker travelling times.

I did find people took ages to get places earlier on, kind of annoyed me tbh. I guess back then there were so many stories, they needed the travel to take so long, so they could go round all the characters telling us their latest.

I want to know how Bronn recused Jamie.

First, he was falling to the riverbed, with all that armour on. So Bronn, somehow, even with all his leathers and disorientated, pulls himself and Jamie to the surface.

Yet when they surface they're in a completely different spot. There's even grass on the shoreline. No soldiers, burning wrecks, or Dragons - nothing.

This is just lazy writing and I'm supposed to ignore all the because Bronn's cool and calls Jamie a ****?

I want to know how Bronn recused Jamie.

First, he was falling to the riverbed, with all that armour on. So Bronn, somehow, even with all his leathers and disorientated, pulls himself and Jamie to the surface.

Yet when they surface they're in a completely different spot. There's even grass on the shoreline. No soldiers, burning wrecks, or Dragons - nothing.

This is just lazy writing and I'm supposed to ignore all the because Bronn's cool and calls Jamie a ****?

I don't like this bit either. He somehow fires the weapon on his own, then pushes jamie off a moving horse. They then both hold their breath all the way downstream. Plot I guess.

Back
Top Bottom