Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Dany might start to get a bit suspicious as to why Drogon was very happy to let Jon stroke him. Drogon's eye changed as well, as if he realised something.

Makes me wonder, if Dany had said dracarys, would Drogon have complied or would he have just refused.

And who mentioned the dead army on here? Taking forever to reach the wall etc compared to everyone else. I was going to agree but just thought maybe they're moving with the Winter?

they've been moving all over the place as already mentioned

I wonder what the mid/end of season cliff hanger will be?

in spoiler tags as based on something another poster pointed out a couple of weeks back that others may not have noticed:

gotta be the army of the dead finally moving past the wall - as another poster pointed out earlier in the thread on the title sequence for the episodes this season, when it pans over the part of the map by the wall, parts of the sea by east watch seem to have frozen over...

I think the mid/end season cliffhanger will be Jons 'band of brother's surrounded on all sides by huge white Walker army. OR....it will end with the night king touching Ser Jorah and making him one of the four horsemen etc..

Reason for the latter is because Dany loves him.

Also...I think Dany suspects something RE Jon and Drogon.... Her attitude towards Jon has changed....she doesn't want him to leave and seems worried about him etc....I think she suspects he might be Targaraeren (sp :p)

P.s. I'm still on target with my Gendry prediction ;)

I think the mid/end season cliffhanger will be Jons 'band of brother's surrounded on all sides by huge white Walker army. OR....it will end with the night king touching Ser Jorah and making him one of the four horsemen etc..

Reason for the latter is because Dany loves him.

Also...I think Dany suspects something RE Jon and Drogon.... Her attitude towards Jon has changed....she doesn't want him to leave and seems worried about him etc....I think she suspects he might be Targaraeren (sp :p)

P.s. I'm still on target with my Gendry prediction ;)

Jorah is like the father figure Dany never had (now absolved of his sins). Alas for Jorah, her love for him is only platonic. In the books it's way creepier - she's like 13 at the start or something and reminds him of his wife Lynesse... who he sold to slaves lol.

She has no idea of his heritage, she's just swooning. Hard. He does a bit of swooning too (when she's looking up at the dragons and talking about how they're her children, watch him gawping at her like a lost puppy till he manages to compose himself :D).

It has been picked up so many times in news articles and it confuses me why some posters here continue to be in denial about it. We should be savouring these moments but they are ruined after being rattled off so quickly.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/8/14/16143576/game-of-thrones-season-seven-eastwatch-hbo
I don't think anyone is in denial about it, they just don't see it as a problem.

It's clear the time jump between scenes is now much larger than earlier seasons but that's fine with me, it means we get more scenes that are actually relevant to moving the story along instead of endless nothing scenes that were a waste of time in the earlier seasons.

It's more difficult to have scenes of character development that don't progress the main plot if you've previously been doing it by crutching on the original texts that you've long since run out of.

Show is all over the shop and suspension of disbelief has well and truly gone. Characters actions and motivations now seem inexplicable and scenes feel forced. Characters zipping all over the map is also confusing and limits the ability of the viewer to form a clear narrative in their head. The show has backed itself in to a corner but people will still think it is awesome because of dragons and epic battlez. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly to tell me that everything is 'totally fine' based on previous seasons and I need to readjust my opinion.

The dead can be killed by fire so I think they're in with a good chance..

Yes, fire destroys wights

All seems a bit silly then to have 3 dragons but can't split their efforts between 2 or even 3 locations considering how fast they zip around the world. She had no issue taking 1 to that battle and leaving the other 2 behind to defend. The lannister army look like they could barely defeat the dothraki without a dragon involved anyway :p

All seems a bit silly then to have 3 dragons but can't split their efforts between 2 or even 3 locations considering how fast they zip around the world. She had no issue taking 1 to that battle and leaving the other 2 behind to defend. The lannister army look like they could barely defeat the dothraki without a dragon involved anyway :p
Problem is we know what the night king does when he touches people, who's to say he wont do that to a dragon? :P

Problem is we know what the night king does when he touches people, who's to say he wont do that to a dragon? :p

Do they have the means to take a dragon out of the sky? The dragon seems to have a few hundred metres of range in it's firebreathing so if she were stupid enough to use it at close quarters she's only got herself to blame if it gets felt up by our blue eyed boy.

Back
Top Bottom