Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Show is all over the shop and suspension of disbelief has well and truly gone. Characters actions and motivations now seem inexplicable and scenes feel forced. Characters zipping all over the map is also confusing and limits the ability of the viewer to form a clear narrative in their head. The show has backed itself in to a corner but people will still think it is awesome because of dragons and epic battlez. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly to tell me that everything is 'totally fine' based on previous seasons and I need to readjust my opinion.

As has been said, the pace has definitely changed, I don't think anyone is denying that, but I don't have a huge problem with it, it is still an amazing show to me. If anything, it was like the pace was set at 40% for the first few seasons, moved up to 60% in recent seasons and has now moved to 140%. It would have been better to have been 80% or even 110% all along... I do agree the pace change is a little odd. At the same time, I guess the character development is done now, so lets get on with it, hence the pace change.

Maybe Dragons are cold blooded lizards despite all that fire breathing and don't like the cold. A lot of surface area, no fur brrrrrrrr, chuffing chilly.

Also many pages back someone was worried about the lack of shiny on the humorously sized hammer, maybe the head is cast not forged so dull all over rather than forged and polished.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the faster pace?

I have no problem with the skipping or journeys, if the journey is 2 weeks and nothing of note happens, then I'm happy for it to be skipped. However I do think they are going too fast for the human / emotional aspect. As much as GoT is a show about the game and Dragons and all that, the reason it is so good is that the time is spent getting the audience emotionally involved with the characters. We like some, hate others, feel a characters grief when someone dies etc. yet these moments are now being skipped past. Look at Jorah, he hides his greyscale because he doesn't want to leave Dany. She eventually finds out and there are tears, a long good bye and an order to come back to her. Yet in the space of about a minutes screen time he's back and gone again.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the faster pace?

As is common on this forum, I am guessing you are not the only one who doesn't understand why big and long-awaited events of great significance such as Stark family re-unions being glossed over etc is a bad thing.

The episodes are good, but they are basically killing all of the build-up and tension that we had in the previous seasons watching characters painstakingly make their way across Westeros and beyond. It's is very unrewarding from a viewers perspective given the time we have put into the series.

As is common on this forum, I am guessing you are not the only one who doesn't understand why big and long-awaited events of great significance such as Stark family re-unions being glossed over etc is a bad thing.

The episodes are good, but they are basically killing all of the build-up and tension that we had in the previous seasons watching characters painstakingly make their way across Westeros and beyond. It's is very unrewarding from a viewers perspective given the time we have put into the series.

They don't need dragging out imo, the reunions so far have been just enough, it doesn't need a scene where they sit down and discuss everything we as viewers have seen them do over the last 3 or 4 years.

Its just too instant for me at the moment, I understand why they have done it though in so much as they want to wrap this up ASAP and their stars have limited time now but its a jarring experience for me to say the least. Its GoT for the instant messenger generation, characters warping all over the place.

Its just too instant for me at the moment, I understand why they have done it though in so much as they want to wrap this up ASAP and their stars have limited time now but its a jarring experience for me to say the least. Its GoT for the instant messenger generation, characters warping all over the place.

But they've unlocked all the locations now, so can fast travel.

Has Dany and co just forgot about Greyworm and the unsullied? Not heard them mentioned for ages. "Sort your own **** boys we aren't coming to help!"

They're filler. No time for that.

They'll be dug up when its time to have a battle. Few line of explanation from a main player, give greyworm a few lines and fight.

Back
Top Bottom