World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

You will be missing out man. Shame… :cry:

I wont buddy. Will gain so much more. Real vert space and overall a much bigger screen, and im sure the MiniLED will pop even more vs the OLED!

Think the G8 will be perfect, and never ever any buuurn in issues to think about = win win :D

I wont buddy. Will gain so much more. Real vert space and overall a much bigger screen, and im sure the MiniLED will pop even more vs the OLED!

Think the G8 will be perfect, and never ever any buuurn in issues to think about = win win :D

im with you on vertical, got rid of my last ultrawide for this reason, they are nice but just for me , nope!

I am not up to date, but this G8 you mention is QD-OLED?

Iirc the mini led is still LCD based tech. in the g8 so it still won't come anywhere close, no matter how much manufacturers try to make LCD sound more fancy, it will always fall short compared to self emmissive pixel panel tech.

Edit

Just checked, it's fald tech therefore enjoy the blooming, haloing, weaker blacks and lesser pixel response times :p

Iirc the mini led is still LCD based tech. in the g8 so it still won't come anywhere close, no matter how much manufacturers try to make LCD sound more fancy, it will always fall short compared to self emmissive pixel panel tech.

Edit

Just checked, it's fald tech therefore enjoy the blooming, haloing, weaker blacks and lesser pixel response times :p
Ok, so in other words he will be missing out then :cry:

I would not bother upgrading if it was for anything other than OLED personally. Not at those price points anyway.

Ok, so in other words he will be missing out then :cry:

I would not bother upgrading if it was for anything other than OLED personally. Not at those price points anyway.

Exactly, no way I be paying more than £400 at most for any LCD monitor now....

Just fired up dying light 2 on the oled tv and even though it's only SDR.... damn what a difference having an infinite contrast ratio with self emissive pixels and true blacks makes to the IQ, you just see so much more colour and details in everything.

Just fired up dying light 2 on the oled tv and even though it's only SDR.... damn what a difference having an infinite contrast ratio with self emissive pixels and true blacks makes to the IQ, you just see so much more colour and details in everything.
Yeah, OLED is on another level. Don’t get why he would buy led tech at this point, but each to their own I suppose.

You was well ahead of me at one point in DL2, but seems you stopped playing? I completed it and now there is absolutely nothing left do apart from a bugged side quest. Will do another play through at a later date or just wait for the dlc and continue where I left off.

Yeah, OLED is on another level. Don’t get why he would buy led tech at this point, but each to their own I suppose.

You was well ahead of me at one point in DL2, but seems you stopped playing? I completed it and now there is absolutely nothing left do apart from a bugged side quest. Will do another play through at a later date or just wait for the dlc and continue where I left off.

Yup have held of playing a lot of games now since the price announcement of this monitor :cry:

im with you on vertical, got rid of my last ultrawide for this reason, they are nice but just for me , nope!

You Sir, sounds like a smart man
When I game I want to be immersed, and how much I love my OLED, I will definetly feel safer with a great LCD, for desktop use!

And if I absolutely would do UW, I will do it on my CX55 - atleast by then no ugly tiny vert space, to talk about ;)

Dont care one bit about some blooming here and there. Can easily live with that when gaming. Im sure tho, that the MiniLED - G8, will have very very little. So no problem at all!

You Sir, sounds like a smart man
When I game I want to be immersed, and how much I love my OLED, I will definetly feel safer with a great LCD, for desktop use!

And if I absolutely would do UW, I will do it on my CX55 - atleast by then no ugly tiny vert space, to talk about ;)

Dont care one bit about some blooming here and there. Can easily live with that when gaming. Im sure tho, that the MiniLED - G8, will have very very little. So no problem at all!
You know deep down inside it will eat at you though man. At least get a 42” C2 which will be a great display ;)

Naah I think the G8 will do, and nope I dont play nice in bright rooms. Need it pretty dark!
And watching movies a black room is a must. So on the Tv front - would never ever get a LCD again. Love my OLED, and it's a must, no questions about it

Well of course would have loved if the G8, would be QD OLED insteed. But it is what it is. Maybe a nice 32 will come around. But I guess it will take some time right!

Asus 42in OLED has been stated to have a matte screen so it's an option in about a year for me :)
Be cheaper to buy some blinds and a C2 soon than wait a year to pay ASUS tax on top for an inferior image due to matte film being used on over the display though no?

Naah I think the G8 will do, and nope I dont play nice in bright rooms. Need it pretty dark!
And watching movies a black room is a must. So on the Tv front - would never ever get a LCD again. Love my OLED, and it's a must, no questions about it

Well of course would have loved if the G8, would be QD OLED insteed. But it is what it is. Maybe a nice 32 will come around. But I guess it will take some time right!
G8 will do, but is that good enough? OLED is where it’s at!

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom