World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Oh yeah we surely have so much looking forward to. Damn exciting times :)

Wow so a RT version of Batman, is on the way - missed that. Cant wait for it. Will be insane on this beauty :)

Not confirmed but it was leaked in nvidia geforce cloud list of games a while back there so it's possible... defo be a fantastic show case for RT :)

Wow so a RT version of Batman, is on the way - missed that. Cant wait for it. Will be insane on this beauty :)

Don't think there's been an official announcement. It was part of that big nvidia leak of potential upcoming games. But yeah, even after 7 years it still looks great and would be a good choice to break in this monitor.

D'oh, beaten to it. I really should refresh before hitting send

Looks like actual QD-OLED production volume/cost figures might not be as rosy as in public.
Samsung's display "division" wants panels for same price as LG sells their WOLED panels, but panel manufacturing division wants premium.
https://www.whathifi.com/news/repor...gs-qd-oled-tvs-with-an-internal-price-dispute

That definitely isn't good news for monitors either.
Greed has got the better of them? That's a pity if true because I thought sanity might finally be starting to return to the monitor market.

Greed has got the better of them? That's a pity if true because I thought sanity might finally be starting to return to the monitor market.
Panel manufacturing division has invested lots of money and no doubts wants that money back in reasonable schedule.
And of course display division wants to make good money.

Anyway this rises questions about actual availability and if advertised monitor price is for some initial fixed size batch.
Certainly can't see panel manufacturing division wanting to make monitor panels either at low profit or worser.
And gaming brands are never for low profits.
So there must definitely be another tug of war going around that.

Panel manufacturing division has invested lots of money and no doubts wants that money back in reasonable schedule.
And of course display division wants to make good money.

Anyway this rises questions about actual availability and if advertised monitor price is for some initial fixed size batch.
Certainly can't see panel manufacturing division wanting to make monitor panels either at low profit or worser.
And gaming brands are never for low profits.
So there must definitely be another tug of war going around that.
I understand, but the monitor industry has been milking us for years with frankly ludicrous prices. It's why HDR virtually doesn't exist on PC as they recycle the same old technology every year with slight improvements at the more affordable price points.

Read something interesting on tft central that the Samsung version of this may not have the gsync ultimate module and would have adaptive sync instead. If they do this then that might be a good alternative for those that don’t like the idea of a fan on their monitor.

Not confirmed but it was leaked in nvidia geforce cloud list of games a while back there so it's possible... defo be a fantastic show case for RT :)

Okey I see..well lets hope it's true!
As you said - would be a fantastic showcase for RT. That awesome dark atmosphere with RT will be the endgame for All games. As it still looks so ****** good :D

Just remembered the Samsung NEO G8 - now I Really belive that will be my call. My port of home, as it's a much better size for me. No tiny vert - supersmall Cant See Anything - BS!
32 - 16:9 is totaly awesome
(Runs n Hide buddy) ..LOL!!

Really tried some gaming on my PG 27 and ouch. No matter how close I was, it feelt like total crap. No problem with the horizontal space - so UW wont do anything for Me. I absolutely Must have more vertical space, that just how it is!

And im sure the G8 will be an insanely awesome monitor. Heck even the G7 got so much praice as we know. My only problem was the low PPI. Or else I would have tested it!

Justt remembered the Samsung NEO G8 - now I Really belive that will be my call. My port of home, as it's a much better size for me. No tiny vert - supersmall Cant See Anything - BS!
32 - 16:9 is totaly awesome
(Runs n Hide buddy) ..LOL!!

Really tried some gaming on my PG 27 and ouch. No matter how close I was, it feelt like total crap. No problem with the horizontal space - so UW wont do anything for Me. I absolutely Must have more vertical space, that just how it is!

See you here some time tomorrow when you flip a 180 on your decision again? ;)

I'll be hovering around the sales page on the 22nd in the hope I'm able to grab one to replace my aging X34a but I can see the site going down and next batch having a £500+ premium on top of the RRP in a GPU style. Seems to be the way of the tech world these days.

See you here some time tomorrow when you flip a 180 on your decision again? ;)

I'll be hovering around the sales page on the 22nd in the hope I'm able to grab one to replace my aging X34a but I can see the site going down and next batch having a £500+ premium on top of the RRP in a GPU style. Seems to be the way of the tech world these days.
LOL..Yeah we never know. Tomorrow is a new day (never comes sings Eurytmics tho)
Jokes aside; this time I wont change my mind. Sadly cant live with the vert space . So it will most likely be the G8, or C2 - 42!

Most likely the G8 tho. Like 32 for desktop, and well, I allways have my CX55 for couch gaming if I want :)

LOL..Yeah we never know. Tomorrow is a new day (never comes sings Eurytmics tho)
Jokes aside; this time I wont change my mind. Sadly cant live with the vert space . So it will most likely be the G8, or C2 - 42!

Most likely the G8 tho. Like 32 for desktop, and well, I allways have my CX55 for couch gaming if I want :)
You will be missing out man. Shame… :cry:

You will be missing out man. Shame… :cry:

Indeed! :)

Hopefully they give some more info. on when we can order as if needs be I'll stay up to midnight to place the order :cry: Even if I can get an order in, won't be expecting actual delivery until sometime in April!

Back
Top Bottom