World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

G8 will do, but is that good enough? OLED is where it’s at!

tenor.gif

LOL..Hear ya buddy, and yep OLED is just another Level :D

Tried some gaming again on my PG, and hot damn, it dident feel as terrible as yestarday atleast.. Hmm maybe have to force myself to game on it, and be plesanty suppriced by the Alienware..LOL!

Couldn't agree more, burn in, alienware (cheap brand), black crush, organic pixels degrading, 21.9 with its pointless extra width and losing all that screen real estate coming from a 27" 16.9 monitor etc. be silly to buy one of these, warranty would need to be at least 10 years for this rip of monitor.

Hot damn guys, you All are one fire tonight!
Hmm well seems like you convinced me with that eeh what it's called in English - conversed psychology??

Well damn you I Probably Will - atleast - try the bugger ..LOL!

But will wait for reviews on them both..Is that alrighty?? :D

You win this months "most ridiculous post" award.

Thanks *waves awkwardly*, I'd like to thank my parents, without whom I quite literally wouldn't have been here, my uncle Jerry for all his support whilst working on the post, Phil, the director (I wouldn't have been able to do it without you Phil), and of course my beautiful wife and child - Deborah.

Hot damn guys, you All are one fire tonight!
Hmm well seems like you convinced me with that eeh what it's called in English - conversed psychology??

Well damn you I Probably Will - atleast - try the bugger ..LOL!

But will wait for reviews on them both..Is that alrighty?? :D
How many times is this now that you changed you mind? :cry:

So, it seems that this monitor does NOT support DSC - which means max 144hz @ 3440x1440 10bit colour. If you want the full 175hz then you'll need to use chroma sub-sampling or 8bit.

So basically it's a 144hz monitor - obviously this isn't exactly "bad", but a bit disappointing that the specs are misleading all the same :(

Misleading specs on monitors, say it ain't so! :p :D Not bothered at all:

- it's oled, so pixel response time still going to be insanely good and far superior to any lcd display
- 144hz is still incredibly good, only place 175hz would be beneficial would be competitive shooters like cs
- good luck getting anywhere close to 175fps to get the most from 175hz @ 3440x1440, with my 3080, unless I sacrifice settings or/and playing an older game, no chance I'm getting even close to a locked 144fps/hz

Oh wait, sorry, I mean, that's it, defo an awful montor, 175hz is a must have, who would even want a 144hz in this day and age now so please folks, don't even think about ordering this now, vote with your wallet!!!

:p

So, it seems that this monitor does NOT support DSC - which means max 144hz @ 3440x1440 10bit colour. If you want the full 175hz then you'll need to use chroma sub-sampling or 8bit.

So basically it's a 144hz monitor - obviously this isn't exactly "bad", but a bit disappointing that the specs are misleading all the same :(
Right, that does it. I won’t be bothering with it now!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be getting it - like you say, there's no way I'll be hitting 175 fps on my 6800 (at least not on anything recent!), so 144hz is plenty, but still annoying!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be getting it - like you say, there's no way I'll be hitting 175 fps on my 6800 (at least not on anything recent!), so 144hz is plenty, but still annoying!
I hear the Samsung G8 (240hz?) is highly regarded :p:cry::D

On a serious note I know what you mean, but for me it makes very little difference as I am even happy at 60hz which is what I have been on since forever. All I want is 120hz at least and I am happy, the rest is a bonus.

Hell yeah as a Man I have my rights to change my mind good fellows - even from Day to Day - so it is :D
But Yes the G8 is looking better at the minute. Wait until all crap fall on this -POS No VertiCal Space Only 144 Proper herz, and I take my Big 32 MinLED and Smile all the way. When after 3 days you Guys sitting here and cry about - BUUURN IN - and hot Damn Why oh Why does it Aint do full chroma 175 hz yada yada!

And did I say that Aweful Terrible Tiny Vert Space huh ... :D

Can we expect reviews to drop before or after this thing goes live?

Id guess YTs hdtvs Vincent will ordering one off asap to do a review, but that will be subject to stock and waiting times. Pretty sure he will be comparing it to his OLED TV also.

Fingers crossed QD-OLED is the real deal and it really does have better viewing angles, more colours, brighter display, no burn measures lowering display as suggested. One thing I hate from Samsung and well all TV manufacturers is that marketing hype, so hopefully it delivers.

Back
Top Bottom