World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

And most likely prone to flicker. As OLED gets perfect blacks, it's so easy to see!

LG stated before, that the only way to fully get rid of it is via HW. So g-sync comes to the rescue!

Last edited:
bbc590c0-qd-oled-nos-premieres-impressions-sur-le-televiseur-sony-bravia-a95k__w380_wtmk.jpeg
fcb3aea1-qd-oled-nos-premieres-impressions-sur-le-televiseur-sony-bravia-a95k__w380_wtmk.jpeg

Subpixel structure of the QD Oled panel compared to LG 65G1 WOLED panel.
https://www.lesnumeriques.com/tv-te...r-le-televiseur-sony-bravia-a95k-n176319.html

How does that layout work in terms of text rendering? It's not a traditional square layout such as you'd see on an LCD. Given Windows' issues with rendering on a BGR display, is this going to have similar blurry text problems?

What the hell guys LOOK!!

LG also confirmed to Inside CI that it will launch a dedicated OLED gaming monitor later this year, with UltraGear branding. The 48-inch screen will feature Display Port as well as HDMI V2.1 connectivity and have anti-glare technology, not used on any of its consumer TV models. It’s expected to appear in July.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gamin...ming/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Now ***** getting real damn interesting!

You'd think, but still there are several BGR layout "monitors" available

Ouch there is ..hmm well lets hope for the best then!
Good news @MikeLoader , I thought the Asus 42 was going to be my only option for OLED + AG :)

Thanks buddy, and yeah, things are getting really interesting. And I would absolutely love that vert space - as you May have heard me talked about a million times now..LOL!

Good news, whilst Alienware themselves said they had no review samples planned, a Dell contact has put my name down to get one of these soon as samples are available. Happy days! Will give me some good insight before I drop £ for one of my own :D

Good news, whilst Alienware themselves said they had no review samples planned, a Dell contact has put my name down to get one of these soon as samples are available. Happy days! Will give me some good insight before I drop £ for one of my own :D

Will you be able to give us some details, or will it be an NDA type of scenario?

They have offered me current models which I've declined and I've not seen any NDA other than a basic loan agreement for the purpose of reviewing etc. So looks like I can post details about it here :cool:

They have offered me current models which I've declined and I've not seen any NDA other than a basic loan agreement for the purpose of reviewing etc. So looks like I can post details about it here :cool:

Do you have an lg OLED to compare it against?

Sadly not, my contact at LG has long gone who originally sent me the 34UM95P and then the 65" OLED TV and nobody has since got back to me at LG!

Back
Top Bottom