World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I'll be comparing directly to this LG 34UM95-P which was hand picked by LG after I had 2 copies with backlight bleed. This one 8 years or so on remains bleed free (but does have the usual IPS glow) so think the Dell will be a nice comparison against a hardware calibrated monitor like this that I've been using for gaming and editing since day 1.

Be kinda cool too as I think I was one of the first normal user to get a 34" ultra wide when they first came out, so it is only fitting to be able to hopefully get the first QD-OLED too!

dell-jpg.447696

It just pokes out way too much that stand, the stand that came with my LG 34UM95 for example was a transparent plexiglass base that was one flat piece and you could store stuff on it and looked all discreet and "floating" - Also a 34" ultra wide so clearly it's aesthetically designed by Alienware for the out there gamer vibe :p - It just takes up too much desk space and restricts keyboard placement and stuff!

The one thing I hate about UW on a design standpoint is the totally **** stands. Fortunately I can simply take my x34 off the desk mount, swap over the VESA adapter and pop the new one in its place! :D

How does that layout work in terms of text rendering? It's not a traditional square layout such as you'd see on an LCD. Given Windows' issues with rendering on a BGR display, is this going to have similar blurry text problems?
There's certainly going to be difference to standard side by side subpixel layout.
Though pixel density should keep effect less visible than in usual 2560x1440 BGR panels.

Back
Top Bottom