World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

early previews and thoughts here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...qd-oled-tv-first-impressions/?sh=1d8680f57da4

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sony-a95k-qd-oled-tv

It does mention even in Cinema picture mode the picture quality is similar to their 30K reference Monitor, basically the most accurate monitor on the planet.
Vivid and standard mode even more colourful and brighter and still not totally off the reference monitor either, no colour shift when viewed from an angle either like with standard OLED screens.

The hype may just be real, but we need Vincent the mans review!

Yeah its not proper reviews but it does appear QD-OLED is matching the hype or what it claims to do, so its very positive news.

Normally reviewers just put Vivid mode and then compare to older screens, but everyone is comparing the colours, brightness and viewing angles and overall accuracy. I like that they are using an 30K reference monitor to show off how accurate the QD-OLED is, this is something usually rare with reviewers apart from vincent hdtv who spent 30K on one also.

Can't wait to see the reviews. Got a work colleague whom Uni student lined up to purchase for me if needed too to hopefully get some discount for it!

Still wish there was a TrueBlack600 38" version but this will tie me over the next 12 months or so till hopefully that comes along.

No you wont. You will Hate the Low vertical fov buddy
All objects appear like toy soldiers - even how close you are. Dont give in. Demand a BIGGER screen ;)
So you are now not getting one? :p

I bet on release you will end up getting it anyway due to FOMO ;)

I'd say 21:9 is in the majority, not the minority. If you see any computer forum where people post their workstations, you will mostly find ultra wide posted - At least that's what I've seen for a while now.

I'll never go away from Ultrawide. I'm on the wagon for buying this monitor too -- luckily my wife also wants an ultrawide (but only for work) so i reckon i can hand her my old BenQ and treat myself to this... if it proves as good as we all hope!

Back
Top Bottom