World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I just checked the weight without stand, 6.9KG! I was expecting it to be lighter since there's no backlight layer but it's actually 0.2KG heavier than my LG 34UM95-P without stand!

At least I won't need to faff about with the weight adjustment screws on the Ergotron mount given the near identical weight.

Thats a stunning screen. QD-OLED is the way forward. Now I just want a 32" 16:9 175hz QD-OLED screen please?

Totaly agree. Cant force myself to live with the small POS fov - how damn much I try Convince myself. Just cant and I played plenty on my PG279Q, the last week. But hate the smal vertical fov. I will Absolutely Not get this. And I dont love UW so they can fuxX off

Yup im salty, but hey I have my CX55 to game on until then. So all is well. This small vertical POS fov is Not Okey!

16:9 is king and will allways be, simple as that!

Totaly agree. Cant force myself to live with the small POS fov - how damn much I try Convince myself. Just cant and I played plenty on my PG279Q, the last week. But hate the smal vertical fov. I will Absolutely Not get this. And I dont love UW so they can fuxX off

Yup im salty, but hey I have my CX55 to game on until then. So all is well. This small vertical POS fov is Not Okey!

I prefer 16:9 also, but I won't let that get in the way as this monitor sounds heads and shoulders above any other monitor ever made. If I can get it at the discounted price then I will be more than happy.

If it is as good as these reviews state, you will be left wanting one as a Samsung G9 or whatever you was talking about just won't cut it and you will be feeling left out :p:D

Based on that Chinese review if you want to run it 10 bit you definitely need to drop down to 144hz which is fine by me. Hope it puts a bunch of people off though :p:cry:

I just had a thought, this is a wide gamut display but I will be running it exclusively in sRGB because 100% of my image photo/video editing is sRGB output for the web, even though I shoot in AdobeRGB RAW - It just heps to have captured additional dynamic range in the first instance that the wider gamut offers but then mash it all together into a range that everyone can actually see on their devices when I share images etc.

In terms of 10bit vs 8bit, I guess 10bit is required to make use of HDR content right as that has been my experience with the Huawei MateView GT which is a 165Hz HDR400 panel. You don't get HDR options unless you run in 10bit, but that also means dropping the refresh rate slightly - I mean 144Hz is still more than enough!

The one thing from the Chinese review that really stood out to me was the colour accuracy, a mean deviation of well under 1.0 dE is superb. Normally with IPS panels you have to use a hardware calibration tool to get anywhere near that and my LG is set up as such. So that means the need to hardware calibrate out the box is hopefully not needed at all since the default result of QD-OLED appears to be so good, probably because of the overall stability and natural accuracy of QD-OLED as a technology.

I don't think any colorimeters actually support QD-OLED yet, I read something on reddit about software needing tweaks to be able to calibrate QD-OLED panels because of the new pixel arrangement etc.

I'll put this side by side with some photos against the LG, and I'll know instantly if the accuracy is good or not out the box.

I just had a thought, this is a wide gamut display but I will be running it exclusively in sRGB because 100% of my image photo/video editing is sRGB output for the web, even though I shoot in AdobeRGB RAW - It just heps to have captured additional dynamic range in the first instance that the wider gamut offers but then mash it all together into a range that everyone can actually see on their devices when I share images etc.

In terms of 10bit vs 8bit, I guess 10bit is required to make use of HDR content right as that has been my experience with the Huawei MateView GT which is a 165Hz HDR400 panel. You don't get HDR options unless you run in 10bit, but that also means dropping the refresh rate slightly - I mean 144Hz is still more than enough!

The one thing from the Chinese review that really stood out to me was the colour accuracy, a mean deviation of well under 1.0 dE is superb. Normally with IPS panels you have to use a hardware calibration tool to get anywhere near that and my LG is set up as such. So that means the need to hardware calibrate out the box is hopefully not needed at all since the default result of QD-OLED appears to be so good, probably because of the overall stability and natural accuracy of QD-OLED as a technology.

I don't think any colorimeters actually support QD-OLED yet, I read something on reddit about software needing tweaks to be able to calibrate QD-OLED panels because of the new pixel arrangement etc.

I'll put this side by side with some photos against the LG, and I'll know instantly if the accuracy is good or not out the box.

I seem to recall that Dell factory calibrate a lot of their monitors? Might be wrong though!

Totaly agree. Cant force myself to live with the small POS fov - how damn much I try Convince myself. Just cant and I played plenty on my PG279Q, the last week. But hate the smal vertical fov. I will Absolutely Not get this. And I dont love UW so they can **** off

See you again tomorrow when you change your mind ;)

Also, you might want to fix that hidden sweary...

I seem to recall that Dell factory calibrate a lot of their monitors? Might be wrong though!

They do and they come with a chart as well but in the past when I've had Dell (and others that do the same) the calibration has always been off because there's been a visible difference before and after calibration with a Spyder or Xrite so I never really took much faith in their out of box calibrations. It appears that with QD-OLED things have shifted dramatically though! You don't tend to get a sub 1.0dE calibration out the box with IPS!

I was disappointed with the exaggerated claim of 175hz but after some thought 144hz at 10 bit but is going to be fine and even with the latest GPUs coming out later this year on the latest games you’re probably not going to hit that anyway.

I was disappointed with the exaggerated claim of 175hz but after some thought 144hz at 10 bit but is going to be fine and even with the latest GPUs coming out later this year on the latest games you’re probably not going to hit that anyway.
]
Indeed 10bit at 175hz would have been nice but in reality unless competitive fps gaming you aren't going to notice the differenc ebetween 144hz and 175hz. OLEDs are buttery smooth anyway and I would put 60hz on OLEDS up with 100hz+ on normal screens so 144hz OLED is going to be amazing. You could drop to 8 bit if you really need that 175hz edge?

Glad to see they have a SRGB setting on this, was missing on their last UW screen and like you I was impressed by the out of box calibration.

And the fact you can still change brightness and gamma when selecting SRGB. Big tick there fro Dell.

Puts Asus and Samsung to shame.

Use 8 bit for SDR and 10 bit for HDR if you can hit those refresh rates to start out with. It'd be nice to have 10bit 175hz but it's not the end of the world for me. Also, I'll test for myself first to see the difference vs worrying about specs.

If the color accuracy for each panel is within the Chinese review range, then the only thing I'd be focused on is near black handling.

Having both 144hz ips and 60hz oled, 60hz oled poos all over 144hz ips :) For motion clarity there is just no comparison, main thing is with high refresh rate lcds, you also need to be pushing the fps too in order to get the best motion from high hz.

OLEDs motion is very clean, no ghosting/smearing like you get with lcd

So yeah I won't be losing any sleep over using 144hz over 175hz, and as stated before, good luck pushing 170+HZ/fps :p

Having both 144hz ips and 60hz oled, 60hz oled poos all over 144hz ips :) For motion clarity there is just no comparison, main thing is with high refresh rate lcds, you also need to be pushing the fps too in order to get the best motion from high hz.

OLEDs motion is very clean, no ghosting/smearing like you get with lcd

So yeah I won't be losing any sleep over using 144hz over 175hz, and as stated before, good luck pushing 170+HZ/fps :p

Give me an OLED 1080P 240Hz and/or 360Hz thank you very much. :D

I prefer 16:9 also, but I won't let that get in the way as this monitor sounds heads and shoulders above any other monitor ever made. If I can get it at the discounted price then I will be more than happy.

If it is as good as these reviews state, you will be left wanting one as a Samsung G9 or whatever you was talking about just won't cut it and you will be feeling left out :p:D

Alright you do brother - thumbs up :D
And yeah, I absolutely know I will feel left out sadly. The G8 wont come close and then we have the motion clarity. Will have to drive an LCD so much higher to get equal clarity. Heck maybe 240 hz wont come even close the 144hz for the AW!

And I never buy the best GPU's. Right now waiting for Lovelace and only have a 2060S - so thats that also!

But hey, what to do when the vert fov (sadly) bother me so very much!

Guess my CX have to do until a 32 or up QDOLED comes out, and by then I will have a better GPU also!

@Haggisman:
Naa dont try messing with my head. It allready spinning way to much over All of this..LOL!

Is anyone else disappointed to read that black doesn't seem to actually be black compared to OLED? A Sony review mentions it being more of a grey.

Back
Top Bottom