World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I'd say 21:9 is in the majority, not the minority. If you see any computer forum where people post their workstations, you will mostly find ultra wide posted - At least that's what I've seen for a while now.

Yup noticed that too.

Also noticed for a lot of tv shows/films, ultrawide seems to be the go to for product placement :p

They even call it a "review" in the title but it's terrible

in a TVvreview I want to see lots of benchmarks and numbers and direct comparisons next to other screens. There's a section called gaming in the "review" and he is just says "I'm sure it will be great for gaming" because didnt test anything

actually I'm just going on a rant here I hate digital trends, all their reviews suck

Yet here I am much preferring my 21.9 34" 1440 for certain games and it's even IPS ;) :D

Yeah I know..just joking. You told me earlier about it :)
And oh frigging yes, this seems to be the real deal. Cant wait for some reviews :)

So you are now not getting one? :p

I bet on release you will end up getting it anyway due to FOMO ;)

LOL..No I may well end up getting one. Just joking with Nexus.
So overly hyped. And soon guys, we really should have some reviews. Awesome times ahead - hopefully :D

Oh my old PG with that Small vert fov, are growing on me. Dont feel that small at all any longer. Having a blast with the game: AMID EVIL- a fun throwback shooter!

So QD OLED doesn't have pure blacks, what gives? Firmware bug or intended

The measurment is pretty much the noise floor of the testing tools. it's also why the contrast is sometimes shown as 1 million : 1 on OLED's for 0.001 to 1000 nits.

The blacks are for all practical purposes as dark as you are going to perceivably get them.

Perfect timing, Amex Dell cashback of £100 within the app, get adding for those buying with CC :D

That brings the grand total of my purchase to £850 :cool:

Now if only the product page went live early...

Well I'm no longer getting this great monitor, instead I agreed with the Mrs and I have decided to donate the full £1100 to the UK's Ukraine fund, which every pound donated will be matched by the government. I think I can live without a new monitor for another 1-2 years, but I am not sure how many of the people in Ukraine will be alive in another 1-2 years, let alone weeks. :(

Fair play @Journey, lovely gesture.

Meh, it still almost feels pointless. I just thought about all the other things we'll be giving up if this escalates any, I donate to Shelter as much as I can, since I know what it is like first hand to have no home to put your lovely monitor in, so in comparison being bombed its a cake walk.

@JediFragger maybe you can upload a video on YouTube of you playing it, then I can play it back on the OLED TV and live vicariously through you.

I saw that and got worried by the blue light warning in there. I think this qd-Oled tech uses a blue diode by default which then goes through a converter to get to the other colours so no idea if there’s more risk of blue light damage from this. Sure someone who understands this better can weigh in on this!
There might be some kind quantum dot filtering for also blue pixel.
Saw couple weeks ago video from Nanosys which had backlight blue light peak at about 410nm, which is extremely deep into blue light and bordering UV.
Just for scale some camera sensors have ~420nm long pass filter in front of them to cut away UV.
Output light blue peak should be around 450nm, like usual.

I recall Samsung/Dell stated in one of the announcement that there is less blue light, but the way in which QD-OLED works is such that the blue layer is used to generated the other colours above the blue layer, so you never really see the pure blue layer itself.

There's explanation here on how the QD layer works via the blue layer underneath: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/what-is-qd-oled-4131670

I'd fully expect the blue light output to be far less harmful long term than any other display on the market and that the stability of panel to last much longer. LCD screens fade over time, OLED pixels fade over time and vary around the panel due to their nature. QD-OLED will no doubt fade too but if the stability claims are true, then it should all be uniform and less obvious than on an LCD/OLED that's say 5-10 years old I guess.

That article said 14000 yuan which = about £1665!
Hope we’re still getting the price first mentioned and it hasn’t been revised after all the interest in it…

That article said 14000 yuan which = about £1665!
Hope we’re still getting the price first mentioned and it hasn’t been revised after all the interest in it…

People in the US with access to business partner accounts are able to order it for the originally announced price. Heck, several of them are getting discounts which puts it under $1K.

Also worth noting that the Chinese price currently comes bundled with a M+KB.

Sounds like this really is the real deal and better than "oled" :cool:

Perfect timing, Amex Dell cashback of £100 within the app, get adding for those buying with CC :D

That brings the grand total of my purchase to £850 :cool:

Now if only the product page went live early...

Finally, my amex is of use! :cry:

Hopefully these discounts will all stack....

Back
Top Bottom