World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
OP
They're organic pixels, so in theory could come back to life if they were asleep I guess :p

I have yet to see any stuck pixels on both AWs so far, so hoping the replacement I get from the 29th remains as such.

Same here, 3 weeks in and not bright/stuck or dead pixels

Soldato
And I'm not missing a trick using these ready made pixel test patterns on a quick Google search?
Feel like I'm losing my tiny mind!

Soldato
For anyone in the UK that ordered an Alienware QD-OLED, What was your wait time from ordering to actually shipping ?

Still nothing on mine and it's on basically from 7am till 11pm. No burn in on my lg e7 since 2017 either for what it's worth (used for a lot of gaming)

As tna said, it's a risk worth taking for the superior iq you get and not having to deal with poor blacks and contrast ratio which affects your image all the time.

There's a feller on YouTube that did an experiment, He left his Switch OLED on 24/7 for 6 months straight on a static image in Breath of the Wild I believe and he's only now gotten the faintest bit of a ghost image but even then you have to squint to see it, These newer OLED's are much better against burn in from what I'm seeing.

Soldato
My order was confirmed at 08:11 on 22nd March (release day).
Original delivery date was 24th March.
Actually shipped 15th April, ETA 20th April.
Actually delivered 21st April.

Appreciated, Not that I can afford it but if someone were to order now you'd get it in the middle of November apparently, Tad bit of a wait, Must be popular :D

Soldato
Dell have ordered a new monitor already but not yet shipping to me. I may reach out and ask to hang fire for now/suspend the RMA.

I'm not confident a new panel would have NO dead subpixels (have users had a flawless panel?) and they're unnoticeable outside of test patterns anyway. The bright stuck ones were a different matter however.

Or wait for replacement to arrive and see what it's like. I'm still within rights for RMA due to number of defective pixels anyways not like I'm messing anyone around! Always gotta think of resale value...

Soldato
I still can't get into RDR2 simply because it's so vast and so boring to actually get going even after several hours lol.
Res Evil Village has been the best HDR experience so far though.
I can see why you think that, I finished rdr2 (rare for me to finish an open world game!). From what I read and a quick play around HDR not that well implemented to it.
Horizon zero dawn and doom eternal are transformed by this monitor however. For colour and bright peaks.

Reactions: mrk
Soldato
Dell have ordered a new monitor already but not yet shipping to me. I may reach out and ask to hang fire for now/suspend the RMA.

I'm not confident a new panel would have NO dead subpixels (have users had a flawless panel?) and they're unnoticeable outside of test patterns anyway. The bright stuck ones were a different matter however.

Or wait for replacement to arrive and see what it's like. I'm still within rights for RMA due to number of defective pixels anyways not like I'm messing anyone around! Always gotta think of resale value...

For a time I was looking to get this monitor but I have read around and it seems very few have gotten a panel with no dead pixels, No bright spots etc.... I think this is either due to Samsung rushing out their panels or their manufacturing process is flawed.... either way this to me seems like a ROG Swift PG278Q scenario all over again i.e first 1440P high refresh rate panel, The amount of those I saw returned was immense.

Soldato
For a time I was looking to get this monitor but I have read around and it seems very few have gotten a panel with no dead pixels, No bright spots etc.... I think this is either due to Samsung rushing out their panels or their manufacturing process is flawed.... either way this to me seems like a ROG Swift PG278Q scenario all over again i.e first 1440P high refresh rate panel, The amount of those I saw returned was immense.
No issues with mine at least :p

Ordered Mar 22, received June 20.

Associate
Howdy all,

I've had to call Dell yesterday, had the monitor since April, been fine but now the fan is constantly running and is making a rattling noise it's driving me crazy.
The guy I spoke to from Dell, sent a video with the noise and said I should get a replacement within a week, although I'm not so hopeful. Annoying he asked me to unmount the monitor and take a photo of the serial number with a piece of paper with my details and the RMA number in shot, that was a bit of a balancing act.

For anyone that has had a replacement how does this work, do I just swap the monitors over or do they want the original packaging? I'm hoping that I'll just take the new one out and put the old one back in the same box.
Also I'm worried I might get some refurbished unit or one with dead pixels, any ideas?

*Update
I've just received an email explaining that they have accepted the return but will be replaced by a certified refurbished unit. I'm not particularly pleased with getting a refurb

Soldato
Howdy all,

I've had to call Dell yesterday, had the monitor since April, been fine but now the fan is constantly running and is making a rattling noise it's driving me crazy.
The guy I spoke to from Dell, sent a video with the noise and said I should get a replacement within a week, although I'm not so hopeful. Annoying he asked me to unmount the monitor and take a photo of the serial number with a piece of paper with my details and the RMA number in shot, that was a bit of a balancing act.

For anyone that has had a replacement how does this work, do I just swap the monitors over or do they want the original packaging? I'm hoping that I'll just take the new one out and put the old one back in the same box.
Also I'm worried I might get some refurbished unit or one with dead pixels, any ideas?

*Update
I've just received an email explaining that they have accepted the return but will be replaced by a certified refurbished unit. I'm not particularly pleased with getting a refurb

My replacement came in the full retail box with all the accessories/stand etc.

Unfortunately it had the same fault as the original (dead pixel), so I sent it straight back, but I would assume you could just swap the monitor and leave everything else in the packaging.

Associate
Just wondering if that was a full replacement as you were in the 30 day window of the purchase?
I've has mine around 5 months so apparently after the 30 days they offer refurbished units, just worried I might get the one you sent back!!

Soldato
OP
I'm surprised fell is swapping for single pixels since their returns policy actually states you can only return if you have 6 or more dead pixels

Soldato
One bright pixel is on the webpage as being ok for RMA.
I was actually asked if I wanted refurb (quicker) or new. I asked for new!

Associate
I've asked for a new one rather than a refurbished monitor, their response being that if they have inventory they will ship out but will take longer to get to me (if in stock).
If and when it does arrive the delivery driver may have a bit of a wait for me to swap out the old monitor, need it for work.

Soldato
I've asked for a new one rather than a refurbished monitor, their response being that if they have inventory they will ship out but will take longer to get to me (if in stock).
If and when it does arrive the delivery driver may have a bit of a wait for me to swap out the old monitor, need it for work.

They deliver new and collect old on a different day, so driver won't be waiting around dw :)

Don't let them force collection before delivery of new one though, they tried that on mine.

Associate
They deliver new and collect old on a different day, so driver won't be waiting around dw :)

Don't let them force collection before delivery of new one though, they tried that on mine.
Ah, that would be much better. I'd definitely not let them take it without having a replacement first as can't really be without.
Thanks for the response. Just hope they have a new one for me, with no issues. Annoying the monitor is in mint condition no dead pixels but this fan rattling is unbearable.

Soldato
Ah, that would be much better. I'd definitely not let them take it without having a replacement first as can't really be without.
Thanks for the response. Just hope they have a new one for me, with no issues. Annoying the monitor is in mint condition no dead pixels but this fan rattling is unbearable.

I'm disliking the fan on my new one at times, old one has a quieter fan but dead pixel bang in the middle of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom