World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
This is the same as the fan noise I mentioned, the on/off sounds like breathing thing.

You have to turn your volume way up to hear it, but it's very noticeable and I can hear it from a normal distance away with some other stuff running.

I never heard this on the original one, so there is some sort of strange underlying difference.

Pops in every now and then, repeats the on/off back and forth in bursrs for a time. Seems most likely to come in on desktop use on a lighter image like a mainly white website.

Associate
Anyone else had an issue where GSYNC just disappeared from the Nvidia Control panel and stopped working? I tried a bunch of driver reinstalls and restarting PC etc but the only thing that fixed it was to unplug it from the mains, came back after being plugged in.

On the subject of how good this monitor is... I think it is basically the best you can buy right now, the black levels just make everything amazing and the HDR is plenty awesome.

It seems that some people have fan issues and some don't though, maybe a quality control issue or different fan manufacturers? My experience has been that I don't hear it 99% of the time and my office and PC are very quiet.
I had the gsync issue you describe once, could only remedy by unplugging from the mains.

However, I have a recurring issue (1-2 times per week), where gsync will limit my fps (when turned off the issue disappears). Sometimes at 60, sometimes at random fps like 116. The remedy for that is to change windows Hz down, then back to 175. I haven't done any real troubleshooting, so not sure if there is a combination/order to replicate yet.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anyone using rdna 2/amd gpus with this monitor? How does gsync work? Any issues?

You thinking of upgrading to a 6800 XT with more vram mate? :cry:

Actually, what you are thinking is the more you buy the more you save guy is going to be charging silly moneys and hoping his cousin over at AMD will have cards with more sensible pricing. Am I right? :p

Caporegime
You thinking of upgrading to a 6800 XT with more vram mate? :cry:

Actually, what you are thinking is the more you buy the more you save guy is going to be charging silly moneys and hoping his cousin over at AMD will have cards with more sensible pricing. Am I right? :p

What can I say, I want to run the benchmark of FC 6 a few times :cry:

Just prepping for worst case scenario come tomorrow morning :D Having said that, most likely option will be skipping this gen entirely as think both will be lacking big time in one major area :(

• Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What can I say, I want to run the benchmark of FC 6 a few times :cry:

Just prepping for worst case scenario come tomorrow morning :D Having said that, most likely option will be skipping this gen entirely as think both will be lacking big time in one major area :(

Worst case I get a 4070 I recon. Will be better than a 3080 and with much better RT :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
UPS have brought the delivery forward to today instead of tomorrow - Out for delivery :D

Wonder what firmware mine will be on. 102 for sure but maybe 103 given it has been a couple of months since 102 has been out and these are new batches.... Who knows.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
UPS have brought the delivery forward to today instead of tomorrow - Out for delivery :D

Wonder what firmware mine will be on. 102 for sure but maybe 103 given it has been a couple of months since 102 has been out and these are new batches.... Who knows.

Let us know if newer firmware on yours and if it makes any difference. I may go searching for a fault to and get a replacement with newer firmware :cry::p

For the record I am kidding and would not do that as I am happy with my unit. No point rocking the boat. I am sure I will find an issue closer to the time of warranty ending though and get a replacement then :cry:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New one installed and set back up.

This is revision A03 running firmware 102. August is the build date.

Observations:
The film that comes attached to the front in the box is now softer than both of the Rev A00 I had before. It still creates some marks on the AR coating though but these wiped away easily this time round unlike the first monitor I had which had to be replaced as a result.

Nothing new in the OSD other than the 102 firmware's inclusion of the auto message for pixel/panel refresh setting.

Fan noise so far appears to be the same as Rev A00s, both were on firmware 101 for reference. Will know more with heavier use.

The calibration on this is more accurate than the 2nd one, which in turn was more accurate than the first one. Chart below:

A03_calchart.jpg

I am in sRGB Creator mode, Gamma 2.4, 53 brightness, 66 contrast. 144Hz 10-bit in Windows.

Reactions: TNA

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Heads up, noticed a change with Rev A03, the screen now stays in standby mode after Windows puts it to sleep and a pixel refresh runs. Happy days!

Back
Top Bottom