World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Permabanned
There is, but there is another online retailer with them in stock.

I ordered and arrived next day.
Message me if you can’t find where.
I found 2 ,one is online only (and I never want to do business with them again v) the other one have stores too c.
I’m still undecided because of Ultra Wide and curved aspect of it.(not a fan) but on the other hand it’s QD-OLED and that’s what I want.
do you know if any store have them on displays to demo?

Last edited:
Soldato
so all the talks about delay here is misinforming and out dated..

Outdated - maybe. Misinforming? Not at the time the information was given, plenty of us had weeks/months of delay between order and delivery.

Check the Dell website, they give estimated delivery dates on there - currently showing as 14th (this Friday) for me.

Permabanned
Currently £989 at Dell, if you have an AMEX card you might be able to get another £100 off.
It’s likely it will drop even further.
The cheaper version will be out soon as well.
(I don’t mind the price difference that much but I really prefer the all black design of the new version)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^ You never see the back of the monitor anyway and the front is all black so makes no difference for 99% of desktops really as they're all facing a wall etc.

Permabanned
^ You never see the back of the monitor anyway and the front is all black so makes no difference for 99% of desktops really as they're all facing a wall etc.
the stand is also white and very “in your face”..
all black will look much nicer.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh yeah, on an arm here so forgot about the stand! You could just 3M wrap the stand white areas with matte black vinyl - Would look OEM and make it all black.

Either way, options be good.

Permabanned
Outdated - maybe. Misinforming? Not at the time the information was given, plenty of us had weeks/months of delay between order and delivery.

Check the Dell website, they give estimated delivery dates on there - currently showing as 14th (this Friday) for me.
Well I read all posts mentioning delay,then asked 2 days ago if there’s still delay and was told there’s delay and better buy elsewhere.
But we can see others bought within same time frame (before my post) and delivered promptly in 5 days.
That’s why.

Permabanned
Oh yeah, on an arm here so forgot about the stand! You could just 3M wrap the stand white areas with matte black vinyl - Would look OEM and make it all black.

Either way, options be good.
Come on,who puts sticker on £1000 shiny new monitor stand :cry:
but yes option are good,there’s still no sign of the new one though.

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Associate
So explain to me the best way to approach the 4 hourly pixel refresh, had it happen 3 times now and I proceed everytime.

My monitor is set via windows to turn off after 2 minutes of no input, if I was to cancel would it just do it then instead?

Soldato
So explain to me the best way to approach the 4 hourly pixel refresh, had it happen 3 times now and I proceed everytime.

IIRC you want to choose "proceed and don't ask me again", which will stop the message popping up and then...

My monitor is set via windows to turn off after 2 minutes of no input, if I was to cancel would it just do it then instead?

...yes, it will do it when the monitor goes to sleep or when you turn it off using the power button - the light on the button will go green to show it doing its thing

Associate
So am I right in understanding there’s constant fans when the monitor is on? I’m looking to upgrade my gaming setup from a 27” TN panel and was keen on this one after going oled tv and seeing the difference.

Is the fan noise noticeable or intrusive? I do usually game with headphones but sometimes will go without

Back
Top Bottom