World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

after lots of research and uncertainty (not a fan of ultra wide and curved),I decided to order it and use the £989 price drop offer.
there's simply nothing even worth considering under £700-£800 rage imo.
(I contacted Dell and they said that price is valid until 17Th October and after that price will go back to £1100.which is correct and it's now back to £1100.
I ordered on Sunday 16TH delivery estimate was for 19Th but received an email today it's delayed until 27/10.
there's also 6% cashback available for Dell monitors (TCB) which can bring the price down to £930.

They also had no information about the release date / price of the upcoming F model.

I'll see how it goes,I might return it if I still feel bad about the 21:9 ratio or it's low pixel density/resolution (I'm used to premium 4K IPS Apple iMac and 4K LG CX OLED.

Considered Dell, but their CS is so, so bad. My last order never happened even though it all went through. This is a current occurrence for many customers, I don't think they like people using discount codes and just cancel it without letting you know.

What's the verdict on these then? I am seriously considering one. I currently have a really expensive monitor, but qd-oled sounds better and also it's a little smaller than my current monitor and so easier to drive. I bought a 3840x1600 monitor a few years ago and deeply regret it. The pitch is too fine for me and to make matters worse the monitor is really hard to drive.

I am probably doing the same. Currently using 3840x1600 ultra-wide. Not having issues driving this but I recently changed my desk to a corner desk that curves around giving me more space. Unfortunately though it's also shallower than my previous desk so I'm closer to the screen. At this distance I find the 38" ultra-wide too big. The way I see it, downsizing would be a downgrade, but not if it's to a nice QD-OLED, so that's what I plan to do :D

When is the AW3423DWF available for sale? And honestly what is the desktop experience like any video explaining the drawbacks?

Really considering selling my LG 27Gp950 and buying this monitor.
I'll be going from 4k 16:9 to 1440p 21:9 160hz vs 175hz then the big reason LCD to OLED

Last edited:
I am probably doing the same. Currently using 3840x1600 ultra-wide. Not having issues driving this but I recently changed my desk to a corner desk that curves around giving me more space. Unfortunately though it's also shallower than my previous desk so I'm closer to the screen. At this distance I find the 38" ultra-wide too big. The way I see it, downsizing would be a downgrade, but not if it's to a nice QD-OLED, so that's what I plan to do :D

I find the 38" a bit pointless. I really didn't notice that much size difference over the 34". I guess that's because you kinda have to turn your head a little to see it all, lol. Also, the extra height is really a bit too much. I see no problem in going back to 34". Also, of course, you get a very significant boost in gpu performance. So, yep, I am really tempted to get the qd-oled.

When is the AW3423DWF available for sale? And honestly what is the desktop experience like any video explaining the drawbacks?

Really considering selling my LG 27Gp950 and buying this monitor.
I'll be going from 4k 16:9 to 1440p 21:9 160hz vs 175hz then the big reason LCD to OLED

Its for sale right now.

What's the verdict on these then? I am seriously considering one. I currently have a really expensive monitor, but qd-oled sounds better and also it's a little smaller than my current monitor and so easier to drive. I bought a 3840x1600 monitor a few years ago and deeply regret it. The pitch is too fine for me and to make matters worse the monitor is really hard to drive.

I "downgraded" from an AW3821DW to this. I miss the extra resolution when I'm working, but for general use it's not really noticeable, and in games, like you say it's easier to drive without losing any sharpness due to the pixel pitch being the same.

The improvement in FPS, response time and picture quality from popping colours and actual blacks vs the IPS "blacks" (grey with poor 8 zone dimming) more than makes up for it., and I'm very happy I made the change.

Last edited:
I "downgraded" from an AW3821DW to this. I miss the extra resolution when I'm working, but for general use it's not really noticeable, and in games, like you say it's easier to drive without losing any sharpness due to the pixel pitch being the same.

The improvement in FPS, response time and picture quality from popping colours and actual blacks vs the IPS "blacks" (grey with poor 8 zone dimming) more than makes up for it., and I'm very happy I made the change.

I would have normally upgraded my GPU around this time, but it's cheaper to buy a new £1000 monitor and I get about the same performance increase, lol.

If I run out of work space I can always get a second monitor.

Last edited:
Tried to order one but being given a delivery date for the 2nd Dec lol
I ordered one yesterday and have a delivery date of tomorrow. However its still just sat at confirmed with no dispatch email so I'll be amazed if it isn't delayed.

Edit: Delayed until 27/10. Not too bad considering they're giving December dates if you order now.

Edit: And now its just updated to 20/10 so who knows when it will turn up.

Edit: it's just shipped so looks like Thursday it is :D
I ordered on Sunday (16Th) ,delivery estimate was Tuesday 18th,then got email that it's delayed until 20/10.
however it arrived today (19Th). :)
so only 2 days.
happy that I was able to use the special offer while it was still available.( £988.99)

Last edited:
I just contacted Dell. They are out of stock until end of Nov. However, they are having a Black Friday sale so that might be a good time to order one.

Back
Top Bottom