World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Permabanned
Are you all guys and gals very happy with the monitor?

Any regrets? I'm so so close to clicking the buy button.
I just received mine today.
despite me preferring 16:9 aspect ratio to ultra wide and not liking curved screens in general.but it's really good.
the colours and contrast are fantastic,colours are definitely more vivid than my LG CX OLED TV.
glossy screens are definitely the way to go,I just don't understand why they put those ugly, dull matt screens on all gaming monitors?
I was expecting to notice low pixel density (vs 4K) but I don't.
also I can't see the text rendering thing some people complain about.
no issues with reflections or brightness even in very bright room (day light).
and considering you have to pay £400-£500 for a semi-decent 27" IPS (with awful contrast,light bleed and UPS glow) this price isn't bad at all.

well that initial excitement was short lived..
returning mine after 1 week.
I just don't like ultra-wide form-factor and curved screens.and couldn't get used to it.everything looks unnatural.
it's also too large and uncomfortable.(unless you have a very wide 80cm+ desk) the stands are gigantic and take half the desk space.
it would have been perfect if it was flat and 16:9 and maybe 30" max.

Last edited:
Soldato
not going to happen.
they might reduce it to £990 again for black friday.

I am wondering what to do. I agree it will most likely be £990, but also there is a real danger the price may go up in the mean time.

Then again, if that does happen, the sale price is likely to be the same as it is now so nothing lost really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the monitor except the fan noise, in a silent home office even the slightest hum is too much for me.

I tried to update the firmware but doesn’t detect the monitor is plugged in via dp/hdmi and usb. Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Soldato
FYI for anyone thinking of buying one at the moment - Dell do a 30 day price guarantee, so if they drop the price for black Friday (assuming it's in the next 30 days), you can ask for a refund of the difference.

I tried to update the firmware but doesn’t detect the monitor is plugged in via dp/hdmi and usb. Any ideas ?

I thought the firmware wasn't user updateable?

Soldato
FYI for anyone thinking of buying one at the moment - Dell do a 30 day price guarantee, so if they drop the price for black Friday (assuming it's in the next 30 days), you can ask for a refund of the difference.

I thought the firmware wasn't user updateable?
I got the firmware from their website maybe that’s why it errors when I try but you think they would not say not supported or not offer the firmware, rather than throw a usb error.

Soldato
I got the firmware from their website maybe that’s why it errors when I try but you think they would not say not supported or not offer the firmware, rather than throw a usb error.

Oh, I might order one then. When is black friday? Sorry, wrong quote. I wanted the price guarantee one, lol.

I just contacted them and I need to wait a week or so to ensure Black Friday falls within the 30 day guarantee.

*whistles*

*taps foot*

*annoys cat...*

Last edited:
Soldato
Thread says Dell and Samsung. I'm looking at the Dell AW3423DW and it's quoting December 2nd for delivery. Is the Samsung model better availability, and if so what's the model number?

Apologies if it's posted previously, but thread is a 280 pager.

TIA

Permabanned
Loving the monitor except the fan noise, in a silent home office it’s just horrible.
I actually completely forgot that there’s a fan!
I didn’t hear it at all!
And I’ve been testing it in a very quiet room without even turning on speakers.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine all set up now. Had a good play with settings but settled on the ones posted by mrk (thankyou).

Wow! Having it sat next to my old 32" really shows the ludicrous difference in colours and blacks. Played a few games and everything looks gorgeous. Really impressed so far.

I have no issues with text, played around with some spreadsheets as that's my usual daily grind and I'm happy with how they look. Also got no perceivable fan noise either, not that I've noticed anyway.

Now just got to tell the wife how much it cost

Back
Top Bottom