World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

NEWS CHOCK!
SIT BACK AND THANK ME LATER - Some of you will be blown away!

As for me - wtf so much for the hype. And he says what I Says - it's tiny; when one are used to bigger, and wants a BIGGER one!

This is a big No for me. Cant stand that smal vert space or UW!
But for the rest of you, that allready got a hard On - read and weep :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/t75xwf/got_my_aw3432dw_compare_to_lg_c1/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

"My suggestion? If you all already own an OLED, especially C1, you are good, unless you want ultrawide badly.

The size of AW3432DW is a little small to me now after I've been using C1 for 6 month.

A future 48" or 42" QD-OLED would be fantastic"

Look at the edges. It could be the video that is playing not showing complete black in the sky like some scenes but normally black skies blend in with the frame when showing true black.

Just the way lighting and reflections are having an impact.

Looks like it's a filter issue with light in the room? Almost like Plasma. Pitch black in dim lighting, grey-ish during daylight hours/bright room lighting.

"It is a little weird that qd-oled panel is not perfect black."

"Technically it is, since the pixels still turn off, but I believe it's the coating that is not good enough. Similar to how Samsung's OLED tablets look grayer than Apple's miniLED tablets. The OLED should look richer in contrast but the iPad just has a better coating

This doesn't apply in dark room situations, then the OLED would pop of course
"

NEWS CHOCK!
SIT BACK AND THANK ME LATER - Some of you will be blown away!

As for me - wtf so much for the hype. And he says what I Says - it's tiny; when one are used to bigger, and wants a BIGGER one!

This is a big No for me. Cant stand that smal vert space or UW!
But for the rest of you, that allready got a hard On - read and weep :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/t75xwf/got_my_aw3432dw_compare_to_lg_c1/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

"My suggestion? If you all already own an OLED, especially C1, you are good, unless you want ultrawide badly.

The size of AW3432DW is a little small to me now after I've been using C1 for 6 month.

A future 48" or 42" QD-OLED would be fantastic"
You keep saying that to yourself pal :p:cry::D

I will wait for a proper review. I mean it could explain the price point in the end.

:cry:

It's just the anti glare coating.... Look at reviews of Panasonic's plasma TVs.

IQ is still going to be far superior than any LCD based display.

:cry:

It's just the anti glare coating.... Look at reviews of Panasonic's plasma TVs.

IQ is still going to be far superior than any LCD based display.
Wish they did not have it. Just gets in the way of image quality which is why people want it in the first place… They should at least offer a glossy variant.

Wish they did not have it. Just gets in the way of image quality which is why people want it in the first place… They should at least offer a gloss variant.

I don't mind too much, full glossy would have been better for iq but not really great unless you're in a completely dark room or/and don't have to worry about light positioning.

Take with a pinch of salt until more professional reviews arrive to confirm what's what, but worth a read:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what-is-a-plasma-anti-glare-filter

At least it's not a full matte coating ;) :p

That guy on Reddit has said the colours, brightness etc. are all better than his lg c1 although not any surprise given the Chinese review also stating it's the best monitor on the market.

Hopefully tftcentral get their one before UK goes on sale.

Last edited:
You keep saying that to yourself pal :p:cry::D

I will wait for a proper review. I mean it could explain the price point in the end.

Surely do so buddy. The more I see of this, the less I care about the specs - and what specs; 144 hz MAX with HDR - and to keep to my mantra - tha Aweful disgusting lov vert fov!
The more happy I am with my CX, and happily wait for a proper Bigger 16:9!
This will never be in my home!

Definitely still keen for a proper review, but yeah it's starting to look pretty naff to me.

That photo with the LG behind it looks terrible.

g0udmeevyjl81.jpg (4032×3024) (redd.it)

Just wtf, that was really Disgusting as hell. This UW crap cant sink any further :D

I love UW, don't get me wrong.

You can't think of it as low vertical FOV. Any properly coded game (HOR+) will only add horizontal FOV in UW. You need to compare it to a 27" 16:9 really.

Admittedly some less well coded games will use VERT- and chop image from the top and bottom, but that's on the developer being lazy.

I don't mind too much, full glossy would have been better for iq but not really great unless you're in a completely dark room or/and don't have to worry about light positioning.

Take with a pinch of salt until more professional reviews arrive to confirm what's what, but worth a read:

That guy on Reddit has said the colours, brightness etc. are all better than his lg c1 although not any surprise given the Chinese review also stating it's the best monitor on the market.

Yea. We will get more and more info out soon as people get them. But I will get one regardless, at the end of the day it will be the best monitor money can buy, so how bad can it be? Certainly better than Mike’s Samsung G9 :cry:

You need to compare it to a 27" 16:9 really.
Yep. Even though I prefer 16:9 the way I am selling it to myself is it is just my current 27” monitor being slightly wider.

Funny how most of my displays has ended up matte except TVs. Glossy can be nice if it's in the right position for the room. Or lamps and windows becomes quite annoying. They do excel even with lamps in the room where it cannot pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom