World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Advanced RMA is a big one, if there is a problem.

You have the warranty security with Dell still? Probably a noob question .the place that's not dell always have them in stock so the delivery is within 5 days .Sometimes dell is a month away presumably with stock that's not selling as much with the place other than dell the firmware will be an older one and I've heard of earlier firmware issues like louder fan. :) so I'll have to order with dell even its a later delivery estimate then.

Last edited:
Associate
I "downgraded" from an AW3821DW to this. I miss the extra resolution when I'm working, but for general use it's not really noticeable, and in games, like you say it's easier to drive without losing any sharpness due to the pixel pitch being the same.

The improvement in FPS, response time and picture quality from popping colours and actual blacks vs the IPS "blacks" (grey with poor 8 zone dimming) more than makes up for it., and I'm very happy I made the change.

Snap. I loved my AW3821DW, but now that's all boxed up as my aw3423dw is next level for same reasons you've said.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
ANyone who hasn't played it yet, Plague Tale 2 is one of the best, if not the best, HDR experiences to be sad. All scenes see a significant uplift in fidelity where it counts, make sure you are in HDR1000 :cool:

HDR_OLED_APT2_dayscene.jpg

HDR_OLED_APT2_lowlightscene.jpg

Soldato
Sorry for not reading through the last couple of hundred pages but thoughts on this for a dual purpose work from home/office and also gaming monitor? Are we worried about burn in from general windows/office use at all?

Associate
Sorry for not reading through the last couple of hundred pages but thoughts on this for a dual purpose work from home/office and also gaming monitor? Are we worried about burn in from general windows/office use at all?

The monitor has 3 year burn in warranty so if it does have issues you can get it swapped out by Dell.

Caporegime
ANyone who hasn't played it yet, Plague Tale 2 is one of the best, if not the best, HDR experiences to be sad. All scenes see a significant uplift in fidelity where it counts, make sure you are in HDR1000 :cool:

HDR_OLED_APT2_dayscene.jpg

HDR_OLED_APT2_lowlightscene.jpg

jMeODQd.gif

:cool:

Having gone from having nothing new to play lately to now having uncharted 4 and plague is great! :D They run beautifully maxed out and look great with HDR. Gotham knights looks decent too but will hold of on a patch or 2. Also want to play through COD MW 2 SP but will hold of until price drop.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato
That just means if I buy it, it will develop burn-in on the 1096th day.
Yeah this is the thing I guess. I don't want to pay all that money and it only be good for 3 years but at the same time some of the photos people are taking make it look sooooo good. I blame @mrk

Back
Top Bottom