World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Bit of a shame that the AW3423DWF still has a fan - as someone who places a premium of peace and quiet, I'm prepared to wait a little longer for the OLED technology to develop or manufacturing processes to improve so that the fan can be removed

Bit of a shame that the AW3423DWF still has a fan - as someone who places a premium of peace and quiet, I'm prepared to wait a little longer for the OLED technology to develop or manufacturing processes to improve so that the fan can be removed

I am still unconvinced about what that fan noise is. I have a G-Sync ultimate monitor and the fan is extremely quiet. So my first thoughts are that the noisy fan in the monitor must be to cool the panel itself. However, other folk disagree with that, saying that it's the G-Sync fan that's noisy. If it is the panel fan that's making all the noise then Freesync won't make a jot of difference, and the real key to keeping the office noise down is keep the brightness setting down for office use. I am sure no one would notice the fan in an HDR game! But I don't know, this is all speculation.

Sorry, it was £879 pro order now for delivery on 8th Novembe. Although with the recent price drops on the g-sync model there is very little in it. If there are some stacking codes available at Dell though, we might be able to get this down to 600-700 range.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. I have a 20% code off Alienware monitors, so that's what I plan on using for the DWF. I'd also like to use the £100 cashback my credit card offers for spending £750+ on Dell. But 20% off £900~ will be lower than £750, so will need to add an extra item into the cart

Pretty sure it's just a sale, Black Friday is at the end of November. It'll likely be discounted further on Black Friday as the Freesync version will be out by then as well

New monitor is £879 though and only just out so unless that goes down a lot, no way will they drop the gsync price below the freesync one.

I would imagine at that price they wouldnt last long. There will be more stock plus Dell hasnt put up their ordering page yet. Plus you can normally use 20% off vouchers on Dell's site.
Yea my hope if Dell site updates at some point, might have to ask about that 20% off though lol.

Having been playing with HDR on my existing monitor, I came away thinking "I can take or leave that, I mean, what is it really? Just burning your retina with explosions in BL3", but actually, I keep getting draw back to it. It is rather good fun. I am still teetering on the edge, namely becuase it was only two years ago I bought a AW3821DW, but hey....

Snap mine went from 10th to dispatched for delivery tomorrow, now to find the missus something for her birthday in 3 weeks that's about the same size box wise

Back
Top Bottom