World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

what GPU's are you all using? I am having one of my inner battles and think it would be most sensible to try this monitor and get a card that can handle high/max above 60fps due to the type of games I play. I nearly got a 4090 again this morning but then I remembered the issues with 4k OLED screens and how I thought even normal 1440p (Division 2) looked amazing on my old 2060. I am currently thinking a 3080 (12) would be the lowest to go, and if I REALLY need more I can get a 4090 or whatever when I can afford it more comfortably.

I have no doubt the lack of UW on some games will stress me out (I randomly searched Trials OF Mana and saw this is one example where you have to fudge it) but I KNOW what 16:9 is like, I have not tried UW so I guess I should. Worst case I have to sell it and lose a bit unless Dell have a generous return policy.

No sign of the F variant still, think I may have to bite with current deal. I do have my PS5 still so I would often choose to play games on that instead, games like assassins creed always felt more at home on console to me so I probs don't NEED a 4090 or 3090TI etc.

Last edited:
3080 Ti here and locking globally in RTSS to 120fps has been no problem in all games. My screen is at 144Hz due to 10-bit colour for reference. All games max everything. IMO a 3080 12GB or above is the perfect sort of GPU for this type of screen and refresh rate for an excellent gaming experience.

Last edited:
what GPU's are you all using? I am having one of my inner battles and think it would be most sensible to try this monitor and get a card that can handle high/max above 60fps due to the type of games I play. I nearly got a 4090 again this morning but then I remembered the issues with 4k OLED screens and how I thought even normal 1440p (Division 2) looked amazing on my old 2060. I am currently thinking a 3080 (12) would be the lowest to go, and if I REALLY need more I can get a 4090 or whatever when I can afford it more comfortably.

I have no doubt the lack of UW on some games will stress me out (I randomly searched Trials OF Mana and saw this is one example where you have to fudge it) but I KNOW what 16:9 is like, I have not tried UW so I guess I should. Worst case I have to sell it and lose a bit unless Dell have a generous return policy.

No sign of the F variant still, think I may have to bite with current deal. I do have my PS5 still so I would often choose to play games on that instead, games like assassins creed always felt more at home on console to me so I probs don't NEED a 4090 or 3090TI etc.
I am using a 3080 ti water cooled and am getting 110fps in doom Eternal set to Uktra Nightmare with HDR on.

More than enough I personally think.

3080 Ti here and locking globally in RTSS to 120fps has been no problem in all games. My screen is at 144Hz due to 10-bit colour for reference. All games max everything.

Even the benchmark games like CP2077, Valhalla etc? I am not too fussed about RT, to me that is something I'd worry about if I went to 4K and got a 4090 or something else mad.

Last edited:
Even the benchmark games like CP2077, Valhalla etc? I am not too fussed about RT, to me that is something I'd worry about if I went to 4K and got a 4090 or something else mad.
Cyberpunk is the only game that is the most demanding really, it hovers around the 70-75fps mark in the central city but above that everywhere else. Psycho RT and Psycho lighting, everything else Ultra. If you don't care about RT then the game runs at 100fps+ when RT is turned off. There's like a 40fps hit turning RT on.

I am using a 3080 ti water cooled and am getting 110fps in doom Eternal set to Uktra Nightmare with HDR on.

More than enough I personally think.
Specs in sig? Because I get 151fps (if I release the RTSS lock) with Ultra Nightmare and HDR/RT enabled at native res. That's with a 12700KF btw

Stats.jpg

Thanks, as I suspected then. I mean even my 2060 could do ok in the division 2 on max with a few settings like shadows turned down, though I appreciate 1440p is not the same. Now I need to either get over my second hand GPU fear or just try get a 3080/ti at a price I am happy with.

Worth keeping in mind that the new DLC coming to Cyberpunk around March time (iirc) is next gen only, so the engine is going to have a massive revamp and support new features and hopefully be more optimised as a result, so performance likely to increase, especially with DLSS.

Yeah I mean I am not too fussed on it, I quite enjoyed it but would probs play on PS5. Certainly not spending £1000 extra so I can see my reflection in a puddle :D

Last edited:
Palmed the missus off today, got it installed, only had it going for 5 minutes but its like Damnnnnnnn, I have a 55CX on the adjacent wall for sitting back with a controller etc, but this is just awesome looking huge step up from the Acer Predator thanks @mrk for his settings work a treat! 10/10 would send the wife shopping again !

This monitor is stunning once setup with a decent HDR game, A Plague Tale Requiem has really hit home how much an OLED monitor was missing

Last edited:
3080 Ti here and locking globally in RTSS to 120fps has been no problem in all games. My screen is at 144Hz due to 10-bit colour for reference. All games max everything. IMO a 3080 12GB or above is the perfect sort of GPU for this type of screen and refresh rate for an excellent gaming experience.

I have the same screen and GPU. I concur :D

Reactions: mrk
So the F variant has gone dark. Such a weird launch, I mean it's like Dell are relying on someone else to get the word out it exists or at least will at some point.

Can get current version for same alleged price of new one £880 but WHAT IF the code works on the new one, could be under £800 then, doesn't seem much risk because if it doesn't, you can still get the newer version for that price instead.

Last edited:
I have a 3080 (10) and no problems with it. I'm playing Valhalla at the moment and max settings aren't an issue, well over 100 FPS.
To be honest, I don't notice much difference from my standard 1440p monitor with the same card

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom