World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Lol looking at teh specs vs the price, I have to ask wtf?

It is OLED not QD-OLED, so won't be as bright as the AW.

The USB-C ports aren't power/super charge compatible, so only for display purposes, plugging in your laptop won't charge it as the extended specs state n/a for any USB-C powered charging. Although saying that, the main page itself has a section saying USB-C Power, so what is it as it's not clear here in the full specs lower down!

Edit* Is ee even lower down it says "USB-C Charging Power 65W" - Although no mention if that's PD or not so may not charge all devices "fast". Sounds like it's for laptops only?

It has Smart TV features, how long will this side of the ecosystem remain up to date? Apps and smart features are OTA updated regularly on other smart devices, so will Samsung push OTAs to this like you get on TVs?

It's just FreeSync Premium, no FreeSync Premium Pro??

Does it have an SRGB mode? The specs says it is DCI 99% coverage, so you'd expect 100% SRGB, but there's no mention of colour accuracy or SRGB being available so I am going to suspect there's no calibration out of the box like there is with QD-OLED.

Burn in protection warranty??

No VESA mounting support for arms.

At £1300 there are a whole lot of questions that need answering.

It does have some cool stuff though like an all metal chassis, wireless display etc.

Last edited:
It can't be QD-OLED as none of the specs on the Samsung product pages mention QD anywhere and if it was then it would also have the Peak 1000 mode too and the marketing would mention the Quantum Dots tech as Samsung do this on every display that uses QD.

Last edited:
If it is QD-OLED, then it's very strange how Samsung don't mention it anywhere, and that they have nerfed the panel's potential considerably over the AW yet are still wanting £1300 for it.

Hopefully some of the major reviewers get sent panels soon to clear it up. Agree the pricing is crazy if a nerfed version.

I also saw that G8 Odyssey 34" today and have to say I am quite tempted but also a bit skeptical. I'm glad you guys are talking about it at the moment.

Lol looking at teh specs vs the price, I have to ask wtf?

It is OLED not QD-OLED, so won't be as bright as the AW.

The USB-C ports aren't power/super charge compatible, so only for display purposes, plugging in your laptop won't charge it as the extended specs state n/a for any USB-C powered charging. Although saying that, the main page itself has a section saying USB-C Power, so what is it as it's not clear here in the full specs lower down!

Edit* Is ee even lower down it says "USB-C Charging Power 65W" - Although no mention if that's PD or not so may not charge all devices "fast". Sounds like it's for laptops only?

It has Smart TV features, how long will this side of the ecosystem remain up to date? Apps and smart features are OTA updated regularly on other smart devices, so will Samsung push OTAs to this like you get on TVs?

It's just FreeSync Premium, no FreeSync Premium Pro??

Does it have an SRGB mode? The specs says it is DCI 99% coverage, so you'd expect 100% SRGB, but there's no mention of colour accuracy or SRGB being available so I am going to suspect there's no calibration out of the box like there is with QD-OLED.

Burn in protection warranty??

No VESA mounting support for arms.

At £1300 there are a whole lot of questions that need answering.

It does have some cool stuff though like an all metal chassis, wireless display etc.

It’s the same panel :-)

Personally I prefer it, as it’s a more premium design and has a smart system

A premium design doesn't make it worth £1300 though if it doesn't have the same premium specs and warranty! What if you get burn-in after a year? You're stuffed!

I have my Alienware mounted and it looks amazing. No real edges as such so not sure what diff I would notice with a diff design. Maybe if using stand etc.

Why not just get the Alienware one? :)
Sounds shallow.. But I wasn't too impressed that AW didn't offer AMD Freesync in their lineup as I am hoping to run either the 6950XT or 7900XTX in the future.
Also, aesthetics. That metal finish looks really nice. The specs are almost like for like apart from that QD-OLED query.

The new black one may be better for you I think it’s freesync, then you can weigh up whether it’s worth the extra £500?

The new black one may be better for you I think it’s freesync, then you can weigh up whether it’s worth the extra £500?
Do you have a link? I'll check it out.

Right now I'm just in the dream build stage. Not sure if I will manage to achieve it, but this is what I would like pipe dream.

Back
Top Bottom