World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

So the F variant has gone dark. Such a weird launch, I mean it's like Dell are relying on someone else to get the word out it exists or at least will at some point.

Can get current version for same alleged price of new one £880 but WHAT IF the code works on the new one, could be under £800 then, doesn't seem much risk because if it doesn't, you can still get the newer version for that price instead.
What code is it that can get the non-F down to £880?

What code is it that can get the non-F down to £880?
DELLWTAWMON20 but doesn't work if you add it from the deal tab, you have to add it from the normal product page at £1099 or whatever it is. £968 with the advanced warranty thingy.

Weird thing, if you change warranty to advanced it's the same price.

Last edited:
Dell contacted me about my monitor delivery last week and have given me a £60 credit back to my original payment method because of the delay with delivery. Anyone else have the same?

So after tooing and frooing I have decided to keep the AW3423DW, because even with the issue I have of black borders (before anyone says, I never had it with my previous 34UW) its HDR picture is nothing short of stunning at times. So, while I've been busing doing other things, i have noticed just how bad the flicker is. Nothing I do helps, using certified dp cable, installing monitor driver, updating nvidia drivers, messing with refresh and color bit etc. It will flicker and im getting a bit of a headache with longer use. - Quick google search shows there's people with no flicker, so the panel is off back for a replacement.

DELLWTAWMON20 but doesn't work if you add it from the deal tab, you have to add it from the normal product page at £1099 or whatever it is. £968 with the advanced warranty thingy.

Weird thing, if you change warranty to advanced it's the same price.
I gone through the Black Friday deals page for the monitor and managed to apply the code before check-out without issue and took it down to £880.

It was really annoying though as I received no order confirmation via email or text until just now after 5 hours later. All this time I was wondering if my order has gone through on their system despite I got the Order Complete page after the checkout. Can't believe how inefficient Dell is with their orders...

Now I just have to pray that the £100 credit back offer with Amex for purchase over £750 at Dell will go through without issue as well, and fingers crossed that the AW3423DW I get won't have any fault or issue.

Can't believe how inefficient Dell is with their orders...

Yea that sucks you had some issues with confirmation, tbh mine was all smooth no issues, and was updated the whole way right up to delivery.

Hopefully it'll be worth the hassle once you receive the monitor :)

I gone through the Black Friday deals page for the monitor and managed to apply the code before check-out without issue and took it down to £880.

It was really annoying though as I received no order confirmation via email or text until just now after 5 hours later. All this time I was wondering if my order has gone through on their system despite I got the Order Complete page after the checkout. Can't believe how inefficient Dell is with their orders...

Now I just have to pray that the £100 credit back offer with Amex for purchase over £750 at Dell will go through without issue as well, and fingers crossed that the AW3423DW I get won't have any fault or issue.

Yeah a high number of people on the HUKD thread were returning. Dead pixels, and marks on the anti glare / screen.
Nothing new though, seems all pc monitors have QC issues.

Thought I'll wait until my MOT is done before I go buying anything else, just in case.

Last edited:
Yeah a high number of people on the HUKD thread were returning. Dead pixels, and marks on the anti glare / screen.

Thought I'll wait until my MOT is done before I go buying anything else, just in case.
Quite frankly I don't understand why the monitor industry is in such shambles.

When obvious faults that can be so easily identified via proper QC, yet they rather going through the logistic mess of having customers receive poor quality/faulty products and have to waste extra administration costs and time to deal with customer complains and returns, when it could have been avoided if they just bother to do QC right to start with...it just make no sense.

To be fair Dell.Alienware are normally much better than that. I have bought several different dell monitors both for home and at work and have never got a duff one yet! The current one broke after 2 years but is being swapped out as we speak.

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow.
Hopefully UPS will be kind to it as I'll be at work and need to collect it when I get home :(
I ordered yesterday and it was due for delivery today, but received email this morning stating delivery will be delayed to 16th Nov instead.

You would most likely receive an email tomorrow morning informing you of the delay till next week.

I ordered yesterday and it was due for delivery today, but received email this morning stating delivery will be delayed to 16th Nov instead.

You would most likely receive an email tomorrow morning informing you of the delay till next week.
Same happened to me but they said a week delay and it turned up in 4! So fingers crossed for you.

Same happened to me but they said a week delay and it turned up in 4! So fingers crossed for you.
Order status has changed from in production to shipped, and estimated arrival updated to Friday 11th.

Fingers-cross that it will arrive before the weekend so I would have a bit of time over the weekend to play around with it.

Gonna keep praying that I won't get a duff unit...

Last edited:
So the F variant has gone dark. Such a weird launch, I mean it's like Dell are relying on someone else to get the word out it exists or at least will at some point.
Weird indeed, maybe they want to lower stock of the current model?

Back
Top Bottom