World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Dell Sales haven't got a date at the moment. I know, I asked them yesterday.

Yes! Amazon did put it up for sale at the wrong price. Then they did it again on the 25th Nov. I was one of the people who bought it, I paid £879 for it. It just remains to be seen whether it will actually appear on that date and what the final price will be.
Here's where I saw it. Hopefully I'm allowed to post this link. I assume its genuine, I dont do Twitter https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/yslevu/alienware_aw3423dwf_uk_launch_date_and_price/

I hope they keep doing the G-Sync model because if I need a warranty replacement in a few years I'll end up with the black one

I hope they keep doing the G-Sync model because if I need a warranty replacement in a few years I'll end up with the black one

If they didn't continue the g-sync model (for arguments sake) and you required a warranty replacement, can it not be argued that by accepting the dwf model is technically a different spec. Could say G sync is required for your needs hence why you bought it. Dell may then offer a refund instead or something else with G sync module.

Just thinking out loud

I am sure they will keep it going. Once they launch a monitor they keep it going for many years. I mean they are still selling the AW3420DW which has been out for more than three years, I think.

If they didn't continue the g-sync model (for arguments sake) and you required a warranty replacement, can it not be argued that by accepting the dwf model is technically a different spec. Could say G sync is required for your needs hence why you bought it. Dell may then offer a refund instead or something else with G sync module.

Just thinking out loud

In general the Dell staff are not very aware of compatibility so you could certainly argue that you need G-Sync.

Just noticed something, why do the RGB lighting colour options include black? Black isn't an LED colour lol...

phKwXkF.jpg

If I remember right from the Corsair iCue side of things for controlling the LED on their RAM, the black "colour" is actually being used correctly, and being uses to denote a "lack" of any colour entirely; it's essentially turning the LED off.

Although it's certainly a strange way to go about it, given how it's normally perceived.

Normally you just have an off button rather than having to set the color black to turn it off

Last edited:
Also considering the AW3423DW. I didn’t realise there was a Freesync version coming too! Would it be beneficial to go for this one over the G-sync version? What is the interoperability like between G-sync/Freesync monitors/GPUs now? I understand G-sync has now been opened up and can benefit Radeon cards too. As I would be keeping this monitor for quite a few years I would like the option to use either NVIDIA or AMD.

This will replace my current LG curved 34in ultrawide. It’s been great over the past 7yrs, however it’s IPS, has a max refresh of 75hz and no HDR, it has freesync though. I think this will be a natural successor!

Last edited:
If I were to hazard a guess, turning the lighting off switches it entirely off. Whilst the black option allows it to be used in a pattern cycle to smoothly transition between selected colours.

Also considering the AW3423DW. I didn’t realise there was a Freesync version coming too! Would it be beneficial to go for this one over the G-sync version? What is the interoperability like between G-sync/Freesync monitors/GPUs now? I understand G-sync has now been opened up and can benefit Radeon cards too. As I would be keeping this monitor for quite a few years I would like the option to use either NVIDIA or AMD.

This will replace my current LG curved 34in ultrawide. It’s been great over the past 7yrs, however it’s IPS, has a max refresh of 75hz and no HDR, it has freesync though. I think this will be a natural successor!

Apparently either monitor works in either situation.

There are pros and cons to each monitor.

I don't exactly agree with the review, since Linus seems to be really in favour of the F version, but in my opinion he focusses in on the wrong differences. He also emphasises tone mapping when there is a simple option to change it in the F (he even mentioned that, so why go on about it being a con?). All in all there is little between them.

I've got my order in for the F version, and that was mostly because it has one less fan in it and the firmware can be updated.

Last edited:
I too thought the one less fan was a bonus until I got the monitor. Realised the noisy one is the one the f variant will have anyway.

Back
Top Bottom