World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

anyone else getting washed out HDR mode when booting windows?

after I turn hdr off then back on all is lovely and vibrant again.

wondering if its the hdr calibration app that's affecting it

You should only be turning hdr on for hdr content/games not all the time.

Last edited:
I pref the look with it on all the time, and can't stand it when i have to reload the game when I forgot to enable it.
There is an app mentioned in the thread to do that for you - AutoActions.

As far as I understand it, HDR calibration is the same as any other calibration in that it is loaded in to the graphics card when HDR is selected. My guess is that what you are seeing is a time when HDR is enabled but the calibration has not yet loaded.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Are the AW models better than Samsung's own version? Appreciate it's the same panel.
(Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread)

Doesn't look like the DWF will be launched tomorrow in the UK. In fact, there seem to be reports of it being earliest 21st Dec and maybe as late as Jan 2023. :(
Anymore info? I happened to check 20 minutes ago and it was on the site but sold out, quick refresh and the add to cart button was there so I stuck an order in that's come through with an ETA of Wednesday :confused:

Fingers crossed! I've recently move my office about to counter potential reflection issues so I'm excited to finally try one of these out :D

I guess it's mostly for those with the DW or DWF, you can open those screens in full screen and see what I see :p

I see it. Meh. I buy the game when it’s a fiver..

Just kidding. I am in no rush as got loads of games to get through. Currently pLaying God of War which also looks great due to the HDR implementation being very good.

Chances are I will be playing RE4 Remake before this :p

I figure price will come down quite a bit by the summer and the game will be in much better shape. Does it have proper HDR?

Doesn't look like the DWF will be launched tomorrow in the UK. In fact, there seem to be reports of it being earliest 21st Dec and maybe as late as Jan 2023. :(
Oh really. That's sad news. But as I'm undecided on what to upgrade my 1080ti with, maybe an unwelcomed blessing. Where did you hear this Spellow?

Oh really. That's sad news. But as I'm undecided on what to upgrade my 1080ti with, maybe an unwelcomed blessing. Where did you hear this Spellow?

Apparently there have been posts around the internet. I didn't find them, another potential buyer did. Having said that, I think they are wrong. There is now a page on the Dell website with the monitor on it (marked as sold out) and also very briefly another seller appeared on amazon and the shipping arrival date (for any buyer) was given as the 9th to the 21st.

The Dell page has subsequently disappeared again. Not sure what is going on, but it's a good sign that something is!

I am really excited to get this monitor. I have a good monitor but the price of graphics cards pushed me towards a different upgrade path!

Last edited:
Apparently there have been posts around the internet. I didn't find them, another potential buyer did. Having said that, I think they are wrong. There is now a page on the Dell website with the monitor on it (marked as sold out) and also very briefly another seller appeared on amazon and the shipping arrival date (for any buyer) was given as the 9th to the 21st.

The Dell page has subsequently disappeared again. Not sure what is going on, but it's a good sign that something is!

I am really excited to get this monitor. I have a good monitor but the price of graphics cards pushed me towards a different upgrade path!
Thanks. Yeah I see nothing. More waiting then xD

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Are the AW models better than Samsung's own version? Appreciate it's the same panel.
(Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread)

It's not from Samsung, which already makes it 120% better IMO :p

The Dell one comes with a warranty (rather a good one in fact, 3 years including burn-in), the Samsung one probably doesn't come with any warranty worth the paper it's printed on

Back
Top Bottom