World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Has anyone played Warhammer darktide? In the brightness setting it says to adjust until the left image disappears but if I set it to zero brightness, the left and right image disappears. So I cannot see a way how you keep the right one visible but make the left not visible.

Edit. Found it, have to set to -0.96

Last edited:
Has anyone played Warhammer darktide? In the brightness setting it says to adjust until the left image disappears but if I set it to zero brightness, the left and right image disappears. So I cannot see a way how you keep the right one visible but make the left not visible.

Edit. Found it, have to set to -0.96

A lot of games brightness settings are broken on OLEDs. I have encountered tons of games where if I make the logo disappear it makes the game super super dark and impossible to see

Basically ignore what the game says and just set the brightness you prefer

This issue is because the game developers are not creating the games on OLED monitors, they are working on gaming PCs connected to edge lit LCDs and stuff and so they configure the brightness and gamma scales for what looks good on an edge lit LCD, not OLED

Last edited:
A lot of games brightness settings are broken on OLEDs. I have encountered tons of games where if I make the logo disappear it makes the game super super dark and impossible to see

This issue is because the game developers are not creating the games on OLED monitors, they are working on gaming PCs connected to edge lit LCDs and stuff and so they configure the brightness and gamma scales for what looks good on an edge lit LCD, not OLED

That explains why it never seemed to work on my TV either. AC being a good example, making the logo vanish meant daytime looked like night time etc.

I too thought the one less fan was a bonus until I got the monitor. Realised the noisy one is the one the f variant will have anyway.
Must confess that I was dubious about claims it was the G-Sync module. I have a G-Sync Ultimate monitor and it's pretty much silent. And that fan runs all the time which didn't seem to be the case with whatever was making the noise in these monitors.
Did you update the firmware? I believe there was some update that reduced noise.

Last edited:
Must confess that I was dubious about claims it was the G-Sync module. I have a G-Sync Ultimate monitor and it's pretty much silent. And that fan runs all the time which didn't seem to be the case with whatever was making the noise in these monitors.
Did you update the firmware? I believe there was some update that reduced noise.

I have the GSYNC one, I meant the fan I notice on this monitor is the non GSYNC fan.

You can hear both definitely, but the GSYNC one at least stays on constantly instead of drawing attention to itself with the breathing.

In a silent room maybe, with any kind of volume on, no chance. Did anyone use that Win HDR calibration thing? Not sure it made any difference but hey ho.

Last edited:
not really noticed a differance. also hdr options in death stranding, days gone and god of war are greyed out for me

Did you enable before starting up death stranding?
Only issue I had with that game was the weird non-native resolution. It forces you to play at

I am confused by the calibration. I mean Windows 11 has HDR calibration so do I need to calibrate individual games?

I also found that using the HDR calibration the picture was worse in games. But then, my monitor is weak in HDR more (until the AW3423DWF arrives!) .

QD-OLED on Callisto Protocol is pretty insane, even though the game's colour grade has a faded black tone, there are still very dark scenes throughout that lend themselves really well to OLED, especially when light sources in the distance get brighter as you approach. Feels like you are playing a movie.

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_23_35_594.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_56_01_187.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_58_24_933.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_02_48_06_216.jpg

This is a level of fidelity that I have not seen in a game before.

Doesn't look like the DWF will be launched tomorrow in the UK. In fact, there seem to be reports of it being earliest 21st Dec and maybe as late as Jan 2023. :(

QD-OLED on Callisto Protocol is pretty insane, even though the game's colour grade has a faded black tone, there are still very dark scenes throughout that lend themselves really well to OLED, especially when light sources in the distance get brighter as you approach. Feels like you are playing a movie.

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_23_35_594.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_56_01_187.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_01_58_24_933.jpg

TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_05_02_48_06_216.jpg

This is a level of fidelity that I have not seen in a game before.

This is a bit like listening to high definition sound on cheap PC speakers. Unfortunately we can't appreciate what you are seeing. :(

anyone else getting washed out HDR mode when booting windows?

after I turn hdr off then back on all is lovely and vibrant again.

wondering if its the hdr calibration app that's affecting it

Back
Top Bottom