World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I think I'm going to go for it, with the F version. Just looking to see if I can get a coupon to reduce the price a bit. I doubt it but worth a go. If anyone has a discount code, that would be wonderful xD

Well that was a panic. My bank refused it, so had to phone them. All confirmed now though yay. Had a text saying expected delivery 15th December, so we will see. 66% of these have been claimed now, so I guess only 34 left. These will be sold out today I would imagine, so be fast if you want one! Happy Christmas (fingers crossed)! xD

Well that was a panic. My bank refused it, so had to phone them. All confirmed now though yay. Had a text saying expected delivery 15th December, so we will see. 66% of these have been claimed now, so I guess only 34 left. These will be sold out today I would imagine, so be fast if you want one! Happy Christmas (fingers crossed)! xD

I cancelled my order with Amazon and placed it with Dell instead. Amazon still have not updated their page so I was worried that Dell would sell out before any allocation reached Amazon. I think they are 80% gone now.

Just ordered one. Been sitting on the fence hoping for a 5k2k OLED to come onto market but none have been announced yet so jumped onto the current best option.

The upside of sticking to 3440x1440, that I currently am on, is that I know my RX 6800 is perfectly capable of running this res so if the 7900xtx is not a decent price I will just wait until gpus are sensible.

Well it does not look like my payment went through properly and all sold out now so will wait and see if a new batch come into stock soon.

Well it does not look like my payment went through properly and all sold out now so will wait and see if a new batch come into stock soon.

They aren't sold out. You need to go to Monitor Deals to find them. They are at 85% so hurry.

It is ok the payment went through in the end and it will be winging its way to me in time for xmas. I authorised payment via the App but that did not work so had to send text message to get the payment to go through.

This monitor goes upstairs for my son to use and it will be replacing a 10 year old 27" TN LG that makes me vomit everytime I see it. I personally think he will be getting a bigger upgrade than I am.

This monitor goes upstairs for my son to use and it will be replacing a 10 year old 27" TN LG that makes me vomit everytime I see it. I personally think he will be getting a bigger upgrade than I am.

I have also just ordered one. This will replace my 7yr old LG IPS 34 curved ultrawide (75hz, FreeSync). It's been fantastic over the years, however I'm really looking forward to the OLED and high refresh rate! I have an estimated ship date of 15 Dec.

I cancelled my order with Amazon and placed it with Dell instead. Amazon still have not updated their page so I was worried that Dell would sell out before any allocation reached Amazon. I think they are 80% gone now.
Good idea. Maybe amazon got another allocation but who's to know. I wonder how many units Dell had in this first shipment. Its currently at 93% now. So still some left, but almost gone. Congratulations Spellow, and Haz123... wow lucky son! This monitor will be replacing a NEC Multisync 24wmgx3 (1920x1200), I bought from ocuk 14 years ago xD It really has served me well, kazillions of gaming hours. And still looks good to me. And still working fine!

I feel the odd one out here, for me it's replacing the even more expensive AW3821DW that's less than two years old.

The AW3423WF has a much better picture though and importantly it has a lower resolution. I have always somewhat regretted buying the AW3821DW, it's really difficult to drive those extra pixels unless you are prepared to spend what is now unreasonable amounts on a GPU.

Last edited:
Was doing some revision and probably due to the white background but the non Gsync fan was going mad. It took about 5 minutes to slow down after I closed the tabs down and back to my pure black desktop.
Actually was louder than my pc for that time but it's not often I would be working like this without any noise like speakers on etc.

The fan is the only concern I have with this monitor. I asked an owner of the F model how it was, and they said it was inaudible. So before I rush out and buy a new gpu, I will need to put it through its paces. If the fan turns out to be annoying (I'm sensitive to sound), I will return it. I believe I have 14 days to return it, for whatever reason.

The fan is the only concern I have with this monitor. I asked an owner of the F model how it was, and they said it was inaudible. So before I rush out and buy a new gpu, I will need to put it through its paces. If the fan turns out to be annoying (I'm sensitive to sound), I will return it. I believe I have 14 days to return it, for whatever reason.

The fan will depend on how hard you drive the monitor. If you use sensible brightness, dark desktop setting, avoid very bright wallpapers, don't leave very white items on the screen for long then all of those things keep the panel cooler. In turn they also help avoid burn-in.

My PC is silent when idle, so it could be a distraction, but I am not getting rid of my old monitor. The new one will be off for everything except for the thing it was designed for - games! During games it can make as much noise as it likes, because the speakers will be making more!

Back
Top Bottom