World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Well luckily we can update firmware on the DWF so most issues will be fixable.

Mine has shipped today so will arrive soon.

That's assuming it is something that a firmware can fix! On non F models we just get a swap for a new revision with new firmware, sure it's a bit of faff, but at least it's done and dusted! Although the F model has the same swapout so there is that too lol.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Had an issue twice now but not sure if GPU or monitor, screen has just gone black, no "no signal" message, game still running. Unplugging/plugging DP cable made it come back, I googled it and a few reports of it on reddit came up.

Do you have screensaver set to come on after x minutes inactivity? I had that once when I was looking at my phone during a game and the screen went black, because it's OLED I was confused as it looked like it went "off" - Wiggling the mouse it came back to the game lol.

Also you may have display sleep enabled after x minutes which would do the same thing but put the screen to standby under the same inactivity.

Oh dear. Had an issue twice now but not sure if GPU or monitor, screen has just gone black, no "no signal" message, game still running. Unplugging/plugging DP cable made it come back, I googled it and a few reports of it on reddit came up.

It's your cable. If a digital cable can't manage the full bandwidth the monitor throws the data away and you just get a black screen. So my guess would be that cable is borderline. Don't forget that HDR requires extra bandwidth.I currently have the AW3821DW and it did exactly the same thing. The screen would go completely black but the sound was still coming out of the speakers, I had to reset the PC. I had to go out and buy a vesa certified dp cable for mine. Worked a treat. It has never done it since.

Last edited:
Well the first time the cable in and out fix worked. The second time there was actually a pop-up saying the driver had stalled for my GPU. So who knows. Some users reported turning eco mode off stops it happening but it doesn't happen a lot

Looks like the DWF Freesync models has issues with AMD graphics cards, be warned

Issues like:

* Monitor works in adaptive sync mode only, so HDR can't be used
* Tone Mapping feature doesn't work
* Games have screen tearing

At least Nvidia Gsync is good for one thing, monitors are validated before going out, doesn't look like AMD tested this one

It looks like the most important thing is that your system recognises the monitor as "freesync premium pro". If not, you are not going to get most of the features you paid for.

Last edited:
Don't think building a pc was a good idea for someone with little patience these days. Despite working just fine before, I now cannot get HDR working on RDR2. I enable it as always on windows, then launch game and the option isn't there to control it. It did show up earlier but I alt tabbed and this disabled it and since then I cannot get it back. Monitor confirms it's not on either, wtaf.

Don't think building a pc was a good idea for someone with little patience these days. Despite working just fine before, I now cannot get HDR working on RDR2. I enable it as always on windows, then launch game and the option isn't there to control it. It did show up earlier but I alt tabbed and this disabled it and since then I cannot get it back. Monitor confirms it's not on either, wtaf.

If memory serves, RDR2 won't show HDR options if windows HDR isn't enabled first.

Sorry misread your message

Last edited:
If memory serves, RDR2 won't show HDR options if windows HDR isn't enabled first.

Sorry misread your message

You are right which is why I don't understand why now it's just refusing lol. Works on other games.

Just had the black screen issue whilst writing this message too. Must be GPU as AMD Bug report Tool says a driver timeout occurred on your system. I avoided AMD for like 10 years due to other issues, regretting giving them a chance lol. Well this isn't the general HDR issues thread so I'll just not use it for RDR2.

EDIT. RDR2 totally broken now. Restarting windows, enable HDR made it launch but then the monitor starts losing signal etc, has black screen but see it ask if I want to quit when I alt f4.
Other games fine.

Is this an OLEd or an HDR thing. On MH I am looking at clouds and I can see detail etc, I move camera down, the whole picture brightens and the clouds lose all detail and go really white/lack detail. I took two screenshots but they are jxr so no idea how to upload them anywhere. I've gone ghetto and took a photo of my screen, I think it is still very obvious, you can see the cloud detail all but disappear and the noticeable brightness shift in the second.

Last edited:
I just went for the DWF, saved a discount code a while back and with dell advantage points it's worked out at £700, says delivery by 19th so will see how true that is or not

I just went for the DWF, saved a discount code a while back and with dell advantage points it's worked out at £700, says delivery by 19th so will see how true that is or not

That is a cracking price. I ordered tues afternoon and it is already at the local UPS depot and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. You will most likely get it well before the 19th.

I am also receiving today/tomorrow!
Whats should be the first step to do?
Update the fw and install that softwares?

I would not update firmware until you test with the current one it ships with. Update gfx drivers and then have a play around and see if everything is working as intended, check for dead pixels as well. If everything is working as expected then no real need to update firmware

OH OH! Mine has shipped! That was a fair bit sooner than the 14th then!! :cry:

Mine has shipped too, estimated delivery tomorrow! I’m a little worried after reading about the reported issues above with Freesync and HDR with Radeon cards though. I presently have a 3080, but would not want to rule out a Radeon card in the future (especially with current NVIDIA crazy prices). HDR is one of the features I want the most.

Also, if for any reason you are not happy, can it be returned within a cooling off period once opened?

Anyhow! Looking forward to it and hoping that all will be brilliant!

Last edited:
Mine has shipped too, estimated delivery tomorrow! I’m a little worried after reading about the reported issues above with Freesync and HDR with Radeon cards though. I presently have a 3080, but would not want to rule out a Radeon card in the future (especially with current NVIDIA crazy prices). HDR is one of the features I want the most.

Also, if for any reason you are not happy, can it be returned within a cooling off period once opened?

Anyhow! Looking forward to it and hoping that all will be brilliant!
Congrats! Yes it can be returned within 14 days no questions asked but they might charge you a restocking fee if you don't send it back in as new condition (although if it has a fault, you can send it back within 30 days for a refund/replacement as per uk consumer rights law).

Just placed an order from the DWF, looks like they've put it up on their main site instead of that monitor deals subpage. Managed to snag it for 750 + amex cashback + topcashback comes around to £599 :-)

Congrats! Yes it can be returned within 14 days no questions asked but they might charge you a restocking fee if you don't send it back in as new condition (although if it has a fault, you can send it back within 30 days for a refund/replacement as per uk consumer rights law).

Just placed an order from the DWF, looks like they've put it up on their main site instead of that monitor deals subpage. Managed to snag it for 750 + amex cashback + topcashback comes around to £599 :)

How 750

Well that was close. Just had a delivery notification and there was no-one to be seen - delivered to the front door of the student halls next to me :O Thankfully I know the guy in charge but that was very nearly a very sad Christmas for me! Just need to leave it alone until the end of the work day now...

Edit: @Protobyte I would also be very interested to know how you secured such a good deal getting it for £750 if you would be able to divulge such secrets!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom