World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

got my DWF ssetup. I get a message in nvidia control panel saying this dissplay is not a gssync compatable display, also playing cyberpunk at the moment to test hdr and when panning really slowly, I get blur on people and cars.

got my DWF ssetup. I get a message in nvidia control panel saying this dissplay is not a gssync compatable display, also playing cyberpunk at the moment to test hdr and when panning really slowly, I get blur on people and cars.
The DWF isn't does it matter? I just got it and I have a nvidia card, just tried out doom eternal looks incredible.

Play CP seemed a bit choppy not sure why

Is anyone using this as their primary display with non-gaming tasks too or opting for a dual-monitor setup?
I have the DW, my work laptop is plugged into HDMI and I use it all 8.30 to 16.30 every day. I swap to display port for my personal PC. I use my old 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS monitor as a secondary screen in both cases

Is anyone using this as their primary display with non-gaming tasks too or opting for a dual-monitor setup?

I still use my old monitor. This is mainly until Microsoft sort out the text rendering for qd-oleds - the text on my old monitor is clearer. Also my old monitor has a higher resolution which is handy.
I am sure I would get used to the text rendering issues with qd-oled, but since I have the old monitor and it's still really good, no point in even trying.

In passing, I am very hopeful that Microsoft will sort something out about this, the only question is when.

I use it as my primary monitor for both work (mainly coding with some very occasional design work) and gaming. I've still been very happy with it. After using BetterClearTypeTuner I got the text to a point where I can notice the issues in very specific scenarios still but for the most part I've gotten used to it. Not seen any burn in so far either.

I use it as my primary monitor for both work (mainly coding with some very occasional design work) and gaming. I've still been very happy with it. After using BetterClearTypeTuner I got the text to a point where I can notice the issues in very specific scenarios still but for the most part I've gotten used to it. Not seen any burn in so far either.

That's good to hear. I tend to use scaling in Windows and have seen some reports that this helps. I tend to do 30% gaming 70% other tasks so had some concerns that it might not be the most sensible choice haha.

Gents, i have just seen this deal listed on another site, im running an 3090 but cannot see this listed as Gsync or compatibal, however it mentions VESA.
Can anyone confirm what the score is will i be able to use the Gsync compatibal options with this screen?

E

Gents, i have just seen this deal listed on another site, im running an 3090 but cannot see this listed as Gsync or compatibal, however it mentions VESA.
Can anyone confirm what the score is will i be able to use the Gsync compatibal options with this screen?

E
The DW has the G-Sync module and the DWF is G-Sync compatible. Search both model numbers on Youtube and watch the reviews from Hardware Unboxed for a complete rundown.

Ok, so my issues so far. The VRR flicker on the DWF or whatever it is causing it, is so poor, it was the same on my DW when I had it. HDR 400 mode on the DWF is not as good as the DW's. Unless I'm mistaken on this part, the text on the DWF is way better than on the DW. I still use better cleartype tuner and still have it at 2200 contrast, so there's no setting difference, the DWF is better to me, not even close.

you should be able to have an option that says 'g-sync compatible' and you tick a box. I know what others have said but if you can't then that is poor form on dell's part. Even my older freesync only model can be ticked in the control panel.

Ok, so my issues so far. The VRR flicker on the DWF or whatever it is causing it, is so poor, it was the same on my DW when I had it. HDR 400 mode on the DWF is not as good as the DW's. Unless I'm mistaken on this part, the text on the DWF is way better than on the DW. I still use better cleartype tuner and still have it at 2200 contrast, so there's no setting difference, the DWF is better to me, not even close.

You seem to be having a lot of problems there.

What video card do you have?

You seem to be having a lot of problems there.

What video card do you have?

2080Ti

you should be able to have an option that says 'g-sync compatible' and you tick a box. I know what others have said but if you can't then that is poor form on dell's part. Even my older freesync only model can be ticked in the control panel.
I do, Ive enabled it in D3D settings and also gsync settings.

2080Ti

I do, Ive enabled it in D3D settings and also gsync settings.

I am confused. If it allowed you to enable these, then it must know what monitor type it is. It doesn't give you options that are invalid.
Do you mean the bit that says "Selected Display is not validated as G-Sync Compatible"?
That message only appears if it recognises it as freesync. It says the same thing with many monitors, including mine. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
I am not even sure what the final option does "enable settings for selected display model". I just discovered mine was unticked, but Freesync is working fine.

Last edited:
I was originally given a 2nd revised delivery date of 5th Jan but my screen arrived yesterday.

Bit of a panic early doors as it appeared the display port didn't work. :(

Tried a different lead and thankfully it works fine. Surprised it shipped with a wonky lead.

Screen itself is beautiful. Started Horizon Zero Dawn last night and it looks stunning.

Back
Top Bottom