World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

house had a power which coincided with us being away from home for almost 3 days. came home to see my pc was on at the windows login screen with the clock. think the street got power back 6 hours after we left so almost 50+ hours and no burnin. surprised it didn't go to sleep mode

Last edited:
Only recent game I found that doesn't support was dragon quest Builders 2. There is a patch for it but can't make it work with crappy game pass install.

Having tested quite a few games out with the monitor and its been awesome in all of them, it really stood out doing a blackout mission in Darktide running around in the dark with the flashlight was fantastic.

How's ultrawide support in games these days?
I know it used to be an issue that games didn't always support it.

Very few games are released without support. Mostly console ports. I've had UW since it first came out and the gamers who poo-pooed it for compatibility were talking rubbish. Every since UW first appeared most new games have supported them.
What you should be worried about is support for HDR, which is patchy at best. Having said that, the monitor is worth getting even without HDR, even though HDR is a selling point, the "normal" performance is good enough to justify buying one.

Last edited:
I was concerned about the coating, and text legibility. I'm probably just being a bit silly.
The coating is terrible and I had to return mine and I still have problems with my second one. The top layer of the coating looks like it peels off in spots and you are left with what looks like dirty marks that you can’t clear. It’s only noticeable when the screen is black though as when there are colours on the affected area it’s harder to see. Really annoying though

The coating is terrible and I had to return mine and I still have problems with my second one. The top layer of the coating looks like it peels off in spots and you are left with what looks like dirty marks that you can’t clear. It’s only noticeable when the screen is black though as when there are colours on the affected area it’s harder to see. Really annoying though
This sounds exactly like the issue with my first, however I completely attribute this to the sticky tape of the screen cover being stuck to the screen in the box, my replacement is completely fine in this regard, the first thing I checked when I received it

Samsung Pay+ currently has Dell for 10% cashback (up to £80) so if you use Samsung Pay, activate it before your purchase :cool:

What version is this ? is it the WF or the non F version? That's not good at all.

Hi, are you sure its peeling? These screens have a horrible coating that makes any mark stand out when off. The major one being small white spots that looks like dust or bubble marks caused by spittle from laughing and talking etc, they don't wipe off with a dry cloth and need some elbow grease with a damp one. I've never had a screen that was so hard to clean and made "white bubble looking marks" from simply talking :D If it is what i mention, i too thought something major was up and that the coating was coming away (bubbling) in many spots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom