World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

got my DWF ssetup. I get a message in nvidia control panel saying this dissplay is not a gssync compatable display, also playing cyberpunk at the moment to test hdr and when panning really slowly, I get blur on people and cars.
I am confused. If it allowed you to enable these, then it must know what monitor type it is. It doesn't give you options that are invalid.
Do you mean the bit that says "Selected Display is not validated as G-Sync Compatible"?
That message only appears if it recognises it as freesync. It says the same thing with many monitors, including mine. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
I am not even sure what the final option does "enable settings for selected display model". I just discovered mine was unticked, but Freesync is working fine.

This is how it looks for me (RTX 4090 with v527.56 drivers). I can enable G-SYNC, however there is a message stating that the display is not validated. I had assumed that's because this is a new model. It seems to be working fine though. Windows correctly recognises it as a FreeSync Premium Pro display.

Last edited:
This is how it looks for me (RTX 4090 with v527.56 drivers). I can enable G-SYNC, however there is a message stating that the display is not validated. I had assumed that's because this is a new model. It seems to be working fine though. Windows correctly recognises it as a FreeSync Premium Pro display.

That means it's enabled mate.:)

Ok I've been planning on getting the dell momitor, way back some months ago for around Christmas and decided to wait for the freesync version. I read the hdr implementation isn't as good on the freesync version last night! ,.What are you the users opinions/experience? Also the gsync version has a noisier fan and no way of updating firmware at home. Which one then? What are all your users views please. Not sure which one:/
:)

Last edited:
Ok I've been planning on getting the dell momitor, way back some months ago for around Christmas and decided to wait for the freesync version. I read the hdr implementation isn't as good on the freesync version last night! ,.What are you the users opinions/experience? Also the gsync version has a noisier fan and no way of updating firmware at home. Which one then? What are all your users views please. Not sure which one:/

I find the HDR in MS Flight Simulator incredible (the game supports HDR10) - especially at dawn/dusk. Wouldn't the HDR be the same between models as it's the same Samsung panel? I am using it with an NVIDA card. If there is a difference, it may just be a case of calibration?

Last edited:

Yep, that's exactly what I get. I might add that the "enable settings for selected monitor" doesn't actually seem to do anything. Even unticked it all seems to work perfectly.

If you want an out of the box great monitor then buy the non-F.

I think it is fair to say that the F is considered better, with a quieter fan but there are a number of teething problems. For example, the F has many more HDR modes but there seem to be a few little gripes and complaints around some of the modes (I use HDR400 and that's fantastic). Some AMD GPU's don't recognise the monitor as Freesync premium pro. Personally, I have the F and it's fantastic. None of the complaints affect me. I would happily buy the same one again. But if you do buy the F and find an issue does affect you then you will have to wait for a firmware update.

Last edited:
Yep, that's exactly what I get. I might add that the "enable settings for selected monitor" doesn't actually seem to do anything. Even unticked it all seems to work perfectly.

If you want an out of the box great monitor then buy the non-F.

I think it is fair to say that the F is considered better, with a quieter fan but there are a number of teething problems. For example, the F has many more HDR modes but there seem to be a few little gripes and complaints around some of the modes (Personally I use HDR400 and that's fantastic). Some AMD GPU's don't recognise the monitor as Freesync premium pro. Personally, I have the F and it's fantastic. None of the complaints affect me. I would happily buy the same one again. But if you do buy the F and find an issue does affect you then you will have to wait for a firmware update.

I'm not too fussed given the price and how much of an upgrade it will be over my iiyama 34-inch budget IPS.

Struggling a bit with text clarity. It is ok in light mode but I have things like VS Code on dark mode and that is where it seems a bit blurry. I have done as much as possible to mitigate it but I am thinking maybe I'll have to swap it out when doing work stuff etc. Dont want light mode as t he fans will go mental.

Struggling a bit with text clarity. It is ok in light mode but I have things like VS Code on dark mode and that is where it seems a bit blurry. I have done as much as possible to mitigate it but I am thinking maybe I'll have to swap it out when doing work stuff etc. Dont want light mode as t he fans will go mental.

I haven't tried it, and of course it only works for Windows, but it is supposed to be at least a partial fix.

Have you tried increasing the scaling?

Got my replacement Friday (picked up a second a couple of months back but had a flicker my other doesn't have). The new one is Rev A06, firmware MOB103. Doesn't have any extra options. But it does seem to switch resolution or from standby a few seconds quicker than my MOB102 it replaced. MOB101 and MOB102, would both occasionally wake out of sleep and interrupt anything i was doing on the other screen. Touch wood, the new one doesn't seem to be.

Edit the monitor is still jumping out of sleep causing my main screen to flicker as Windows redetects the aw

Last edited:
No I don't want to make things bigger. I will try that mactype thingy first. I could try a small scale increase if no luck.

Let us know how you get on. I haven't implemented it yet, I use my old monitor for business stuff, but I am interested to see if you consider it worth it. I know it fixes the problem in Windows, the real question is how many apps actually use it. I believe that most browsers do not, which is unfortunate.

I'm having second thoughts in regards to this monitor and wondering if I should have got the C2 42-inch.
Don't overthink it. Both are awesome for gaming and presuming you've not used oled for gaming, will be the biggest pq jump. Ignore post of xx destroys xx, or "my aw colours in sdr are hdr like, blow the LG out the water". For me they compliment each other. At the moment my LG is getting more play time, but if I swap genre of game, the AW will become the main screen.

Don't overthink it. Both are awesome for gaming and presuming you've not used oled for gaming, will be the biggest pq jump. Ignore post of xx destroys xx, or "my aw colours in sdr are hdr like, blow the LG out the water". For me they compliment each other. At the moment my LG is getting more play time, but if I swap genre of game, the AW will become the main screen.

Good point. I have a 55-inch CX so that's why I decided to upgrade my monitor. This is why I've been playing the ps5 more.

Back
Top Bottom