World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Playing around with new macro lens and figured I'd see those sub-pixels in the flesh for a change:

sub-pixels_2023.01.06_0149-11_00003-2.jpg

sub-pixels_2023.01.06_0149-11_00003.jpg

Playing around with new macro lens and figured I'd see those sub-pixels in the flesh for a change:

sub-pixels_2023.01.06_0149-11_00003-2.jpg

sub-pixels_2023.01.06_0149-11_00003.jpg

That's really interesting. Also, really easy to fix, if only these folks would get a move on.

To me, the green fringe is not so noticeable. It's the red one that appears under light text on a dark background that is annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
That's really interesting. Also, really easy to fix, if only these folks would get a move on.

To me, the green fringe is not so noticeable. It's the red one that appears under light text on a dark background that is annoying.

Yep, and this is why I have had to switch to light mode whereas I normally use dark mode in absolutely everything.

It's dark mode where the text looks blurry to me and I struggle to see it for reference. I had my eyes tested this year and I don't need glasses lol.
That's why I was messing around with that Mactype stuff but then when I had a light window it made that look weird instead.

The "way bigger than my desk" is the deal breaker.
Plus arm, both legs and half the internal organs price sticker.

I hear these won't be available in ultrawide, deal braker?
Also lots of desk space for small image height wasting ultra low screen aspect ratio is deal breaker for me:
I expect/demand also vertical field of view coverage for used space.

• Haha
  • Haha
I pre-ordered Fallout 4
Turned out it didn't support ultra-wide and I already had an ultra-wide monitor back then

They've never added ultra-wide support and I've still not played it

I have to confess that I tend to not play games unless they support ultrawide. I would certainly not buy an AAA title if it didn't support it.
Having said that, HDR is the new UW. I will get a serious frown if a game doesn't support HDR!

I have to confess that I tend to not play games unless they support ultrawide. I would certainly not buy an AAA title if it didn't support it.
Having said that, HDR is the new UW. I will get a serious frown if a game doesn't support HDR!

The game in question is an indie game that uses pre-rendered backgrounds and mrk paid £3 for it :p

I could not give a toss if ultrawide support or not and won’t let that stop enjoying a game. Besides I have an OLED monitor which helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom