World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Funnily enough I have a CX and this monitor hooked up to my PC, but I tend to use my ultrawide more really, between the higher refresh rate and the better 100% window brightness in HDR.

Yeah pros and cons of both for sure. Will the perfect monitor ever exist? Who knows.

Yup pros and cons. i use my LG a lot more than my AW, especially since getting the 4090. The drop in res is much more noticeable to my eye than the drop to 120 or the 1000 v 800 nit in small highlights.

However I game many genres. If I played mostly mp fps, the AW would be getting all the action. Atm, Witcher 3 on the c9 is making my AW feel left out.

They both seem the same charging my USB-C torch - Where did you see that the right port is faster for charging?

Last edited:
it has the little battery icon to the right of it, and the manual states it too

Edit: *Up to 2 A on USB downstream port (with battery icon) with battery charging version-compliant devices or normal USB devices
So I guess the others are the low power 1A or something. It'll do your torch easily, but you'll probably see your phone fast charges off one but not the other
This is correct, with USB ports that run at 5.0v the only way to speed up the charging time is to increase the amperage. It's the old volts times amps calculation.
Amps
Amps measure the flow of electricity as an electric current. You should think of electric current as the flow of water through a hosepipe. The more water flowing through the hosepipe, the stronger the current is.

Volts​

Volts are the measurement used to determine how much force is needed to cause the electric current to flow. In keeping with the earlier example, you could think of volts as the water pressure in the hosepipe, which makes the water flow.

Watts​

Amps multiplied by Volts equals Watts, which is the measurement used to determine the amount of energy. The higher the wattage is, the more power and output from the appliance. In terms of the hosepipe example, this would refer to the amount of water being released."

Last edited:
I changed resolution of RDR2 to 5160x2160 and it looks much betterthan native res. Think I'll just use this until such a time when I get a 4k screen.

I didn't see the manual mentiuon it, that's cool although have to say it doesn't fast charge my phone from any port!. Phones typically support USB-PD, QuickCharge (Samsung, Pixel etc).

These are ports mainly for data transfer at USB 3.2 above anything else, and charging mice/keyboards.

The manual says:
Power charging port - the port with icon; supports up to 2 A fast-
charging capability if the device is BC1.2 compatible.
So that explains that I guess. 5v @ 2A is 10W output, so barely even decent charging for devices. Wireless fast charging on phones is at least 15W for reference.

Last edited:
No worries, thanks! It does seem rather difficult to find a nice L-shaped desk, so it'll have to be DIY.

You just need two desks that are the same. Two 90cm wide desks. Then just place them in an L (with the corner missing). Or if you don't want the corner missing then one needs to be 180cm the other 90. Of course you can achieve the same with three 90cm.

No worries, thanks! It does seem rather difficult to find a nice L-shaped desk, so it'll have to be DIY.
I have this one:

It's not a full corner, but it's enough to have my laptop next to me so I can just swivel my chair around and use it
Not as deep as I'd like (which is why 34" Ultra-wide is the perfect size monitor), but it's well made and fits nicely where I needed it to go

Last edited:
Yup pros and cons. i use my LG a lot more than my AW, especially since getting the 4090. The drop in res is much more noticeable to my eye than the drop to 120 or the 1000 v 800 nit in small highlights.

However I game many genres. If I played mostly mp fps, the AW would be getting all the action. Atm, Witcher 3 on the c9 is making my AW feel left out.
Yeah, admittedly I'm still on a 3080, and will be for the foreseeable future with how crazy the GPU prices are at the moment. So I trade quite a bit of performance to get 4k too, which is definitely another factor. The HDR brightness difference is also definitely game specific. I do also play a lot of genres to be fair, but recently I've played a number of very bright games, ie Assassin's Creed Origins and both God of War games. I was reminded of the full screen brightness difference as soon as I got to the brighter areas in Ragnarok, my PS5 being hooked up to my TV where as I played the first on PC with my UW, it was definitely apparent to me some of the areas felt like they weren't quite as bright as they felt like they should be which I never really feel on the UW. Something which I've noticed before when comparing HDR between my CX and UW. Of course not every game has super bright areas like those specific games have. Full screen white flashes are also a lot more blinding on the UW, but whether that's a good thing is another thing entirely, lol. There was some lightning flashes in the first God of War that was almost hurting my eyes on the UW. I can't say I notice the difference in highlight brightness however, even when playing darker games which should show the highlights at their best.

It's funny you mention the Witcher 3 though. I was also playing that recently with the new patch, and I did end up playing that on the CX. I get the same performance regardless of whether I play at 3440x1440 or 4k due to the games bizarre optimisation, so I ended up shoving it on my TV so I didn't have to sit at my desk. Which to be fair is another factor to consider of which display I end up choosing to use with a given game, lol.

Looks like I might be getting a replacement from Dell soon...

This line has been appearing periodically. It's not screen burn, as it doesn't align with any static element on my desktop or anything I work on. It disappears after a pixel refresh, but then comes back after a while - I've not actually seen it "appear", I'll just be working away, then look at that part of the screen on the right colour background and it's there (always in the same place). I assume it's a column of pixels not being fed the correct voltage or something?

de8Agr4.png

Have a feeling I'll need to push them for a replacement, since the first thing they asked me to do when I had a dead pixel was see if a pixel refresh fixes it :/

Looks like I might be getting a replacement from Dell soon...

This line has been appearing periodically. It's not screen burn, as it doesn't align with any static element on my desktop or anything I work on. It disappears after a pixel refresh, but then comes back after a while - I've not actually seen it "appear", I'll just be working away, then look at that part of the screen on the right colour background and it's there (always in the same place). I assume it's a column of pixels not being fed the correct voltage or something?

de8Agr4.png

Have a feeling I'll need to push them for a replacement, since the first thing they asked me to do when I had a dead pixel was see if a pixel refresh fixes it :/

They probably get you to go through hoops that catch the idiots -the people who don't know how to plug the monitor in types.

Back
Top Bottom